v16 List missing file references in video databases
Question 
My Kodi setup has quite a large database of tv shows pointing to a remote share. Recently one of the disks failed and while I managed to rescue most of the data, there are some episodes, seasons or even complete shows missing.
I'd like to replace those, so I'm looking for a way to not just clean the database, removing dangling file references, but get a list of those references so I know what's actually missing.

So far I can't find anything available, does anybody know of some workaround, addon or any helpful trick to solve this? Thanks :)
Missing movies scanner add-on might help, or is that the wrong way around?

Add-on:Missing Movie Scanner (wiki)
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks! That's a cool add-on I'm already using, but it can only point me to files which are present on the filesystem but not in the database.What I'd need is the other way round.
The work-round might be to make a smart playlist with a path rule that brings forth all listings in your library on that drive. The draw back is you'll have to get out a pencil & paper, I don't know how to translate that into a text file easily. Perhaps used in-conjunction with the list from missing movie scanner you might get what you want.
There might well be a better / easier way but...
1. Back up database.
2. Enable debug logging.
3. Clean database.
4. Look in the log for what's been cleaned.
I'd use the search function in Notepad++ to find all lines referring to missing / cleaned content.
trogggy, that's a splendid idea!
So the database cleaning function actually logs every single file its removing if debug logging is enabled?
I'll look into that.
I'm not 100% sure it does (log everything) - but I'd be very surprised if it doesn't.
Make sure you've backed up the database and it's risk-free at least.
@trogggy probably has the best answer, but you could use the video database cleaner. If you remove the failed drive from being a source in Kodi and then run the cleaner (enable it's logfile in the settings), it should list all the paths in the database that don't have an associated entry in your sources.xml file.

If you abort the clean, it won't remove anything, but it will produce a log containing all those paths.

Thread is here and the post with the latest version link is here.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
List missing file references in video databases0