OS SIERRA 2 displays problem
Kodi opens onlly entrainment center als white window on secondary screen while the windowed kodi movie screen only displays on mac os display.
(system /video / screen = 2nd screen, fullscreen)

In windowed mode kodi works fine.

Anyone with a solution? Or better waiting until Kodi Krypton

Kodi Jarvis 16.1 GIT-20160424-c327c53
Krypton is almost ready - doubt i will be able to look at it in time because i don't have a multimonitor environment for 10.12 yet (would need to update one of my hackintoshs which might be a not so easy task - my macmini is on 10.12 but has only the tv connected to it...) - its always the same with osx release cycles - they never fit ours.

Please post a debug log (wiki) anyway please (which shows the switching from internal to external screen).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I updated my dual screen hackintosh to macos sierra. I don't have the problem you describe. Kodi works on both screens the same.

I tried the latest nightly build for Kodi Krypton 17.0. Please do so aswell and if you still have the problem try to describe as good as you can what exactly you do to achieve the problem.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
what happened to the rest of this thread? Memphiz? I submitted log that you requested
Moderators did their job ... see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2611659
right. apparently i have 'banned' addons. Navigating the kodi life appears to be a minefield, I wasn't aware I was doing anything wrong. I wonder if anyone else has any banned addons?
I had no idea any of mine were banned - I've now viewed your banned-list and it's pretty much all comprehensive.
Errrr ok - thinking about it, i wonder how anyone can submit a log without red flags??
Urgh. Reinstalling from scratch seems the only option. Meanwhile - I don't know whether I have just wasted my time or if you have gleaned info regarding the issue of window/fullscreen on second screen on mac. Not feeling very 'supported' by 'support' here.
Exodus is blacklisted!?!
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Quote:Navigating the kodi life appears to be a minefield
No it is not. If you read the Forum Rules when you signed up, you would have avoided this issue.

Quote:I wasn't aware I was doing anything wrong
Really. So obtaining pirated movies and tv shows doesn't indicate to you that you might be doing something wrong??

Quote:I've now viewed your banned-list and it's pretty much all comprehensive.
No it is not. It is an incomplete list due to the fact that these piracy sites are constantly being shut down and re-opening elsewhere. That is clearly stated at the top of that wiki page.

Quote:Errrr ok - thinking about it, i wonder how anyone can submit a log without red flags
Easy. Most users here are aware of the rules and use Kodi for its original intended design, or use add-ons that do not infringe copyright.

Quote:I don't know whether I have just wasted my time or if you have gleaned info regarding the issue of window/fullscreen on second screen on mac
At this stage... Yes. We don't bother looking at the log once we see the banned items. Why?? Because the add-ons modify the original Kodi code. So you no longer have a Kodi as the developers here know it. You have a Kodi that has been modified by a third party. The volunteer developers wisely spend their time improving the original Kodi, and not trying to undo the mess created by someone else.

Quote:Not feeling very 'supported' by 'support' here.
Sorry if this sounds rude but... not our fault. You breached the rules we have here.

Remember you are not banned from the site. You made a mistake. It is now up to you how you proceed next. Reinstall... or forget it and live with the issue.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Righto, thanks for feedback.
Question - I'm sure Exodus was one of the pre-installed addons when I downloaded Kodi from your website? Am i mistaken?
(2017-07-08, 14:58)yourmommahasfleas Wrote: Question - I'm sure Exodus was one of the pre-installed addons when I downloaded Kodi from your website? Am i mistaken?

You are mistaken cause we never include any of that. Ever
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi.

I have completely removed kodi from my system (including application support files etc) and reinstalled a clean 17.3 (release build, not nightly).

I still have the same problem. I'm still getting white screen on my second screen, instead of kodi being maximised there.

Please investigate my new log file?

https://paste.ubuntu.com/25096462
thanks
>>try to describe as good as you can what exactly you do to achieve the problem.<<
Answer: with second screen attached by hdmi extended desktop mode, i use any method to switch to fullscreen on 2nd monitor.

All methods i have tried: settings/display/samsung fullscreen; custom button in remote 'fullscreenConfusedamsung' ; and toggling to fullscreen with '/' button.

Same result:

The second monitor is immediately filled with a blank white window that the mouse cannot enter. Laptop monitor (monitor 1) meanwhile behaves strangely - it becomes 80% filled with the intended fullscreen video, and if the mouse is moved it can leave off the side of the screen only to reappear on the other side (imagine pacman game..)
please help, this was being investigated before, but I had banned addons installed (i worked out i must have installed my first ever copy of kodi from tvaddons' website, and the addons remained each time I updated, even though subsequent builds have come directly from Kodi website).
Anyway.. I have removed the whole thing and reinstalled a clean version, but the issue persists...
and now no one's responding Sad
log was submitted above
*Bump

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OS SIERRA 2 displays problem1