PVR WMC Stream Timeout-Unknow Problem
(2016-12-16, 18:21)krustyreturns Wrote: In the past people have reported trying to stream over wan with kodi and no transcoding, but I don't recall anyone ever saying it worked.

Thanks for the info.

Actually, when I use Kodi on my Nvidia Shield TV, it works perfectly fine. Not sure if it knows that the Shield TV can decode mpeg-2 but it works almost as good (if not better) than an Xbox extender.

My goal is to have the same experience remotely. As of the last week, our Comcast region switched everything to h.264 720p60. Does that mean it won't have to transcode if being sent to kodi on say, my Galaxy Note 4? Since most devices accept mpeg 4 (but not 2). I know it is in a different container, though (.wtv). When I tried watching using plex and plexwmc, it works fine now and even is 60fps, but Plex says it is transcoding because .wtv container not supported, but audio and video both say direct play (when viewing h.264 comcast channel). Thoughts on getting this to work remotely? Thanks for your help!
The plex stuff is working remotely, correct? What happens if you play the h.264 channels with kodi remotely?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2016-12-18, 03:49)krustyreturns Wrote: The plex stuff is working remotely, correct? What happens if you play the h.264 channels with kodi remotely?

Yes, PLEX works even better now that everything is h.264 and lower bit rate...also, I don;t get the 29 59 bug anymore that WMC has when playing 1080i content (since Comcast went to mp4 720p60). Only the local channels still exhibit that (1080i for broadcast channels and mpeg 2 still)

http://pastebin.com/c8byzpaQ

PVR Manager stops at 75% "Loading recordings from clients" wjhen logging remotely. Now, if I connect to my wifi, it is now working flawless! Watching Golf HD in 60 fps! (just wish comcast would have kept it h.264 1080i/60 vs downrezing everything to 720p60)
(2016-12-16, 18:21)krustyreturns Wrote: In the past people have reported trying to stream over wan with kodi and no transcoding, but I don't recall anyone ever saying it worked.

I think I may know the issue. I don't think it is finding the Recorded TV folder when connecting remotely (not on local network). Wondering if I can test if firewall is blocking? I have port 9080 open on my router, do I need other ports open, add firewall exceptions, etc...? Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR WMC Stream Timeout-Unknow Problem0