Building Menu error
First time poster here. I am trying to play with the Aeon Nox (Silvo) skin. I keep getting an error message. First a progress bar pops up saying "Skin Shortcuts" & "Building Menu". The progress bar runs thru then an error message is displayed saying "Unable to build menu". It happens every time I come back to the Home Screen.

Here is my log url:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/23338204/

Not sure what menu it is even trying to build since I just opened the skin on a fresh install. I'm sure it's something simple. I am a novice and can't really make sense of the log. Thanks in advance for any help.
You have manually unzipped the skin (and possibly other addons) to the wrong addon folder. You've unzipped it to Kodi's own 'system' add-on folder, to which the Skin Shortcuts script doesn't have write permissions, and where you will loose any manually installed addons every time you update Kodi.

The correct addons folder is one folder 'up' from the userdata (wiki) folder, or install via zip file from within Kodi itself.
Thank you Bob for the prompt reply. That seems to have worked.

I did manually install a couple skins I wanted to play with in the x86>Kodi>addons file. I thought installing them here would automatically add them to my skins list whenever I opened a new, clean Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Building Menu error0