Newbie!
Hi all and thanks in advance,
just loaded Kodi onto my macbook pro, the main reason is to watch uk tv here in Australia, looking for the best add-on to play BBC & ITV C4 etc.
BBC has iPlayer WWW and ITV has ITV player add-ons in the official repo. Both are geolocked to UK IP addresses though so you'll need a VPN, smart DNS or other solution to overcome that.

There is no add-on for channel 4, but you could also try blxd's version of the TVCatchup add-on which has the main BBC, ITV and C4 channels but also is geolocked.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks Darren,
I'll sort out the vpn asap & see how we go.
(2016-10-17, 14:05)DarrenHill Wrote: BBC has iPlayer WWW and ITV has ITV player add-ons in the official repo. Both are geolocked to UK IP addresses though so you'll need a VPN, smart DNS or other solution to overcome that.

There is no add-on for channel 4, but you could also try blxd's version of the TVCatchup add-on which has the main BBC, ITV and C4 channels but also is geolocked.

I can't find ITV Player in the official repo. It is in another repo that is not up for discussion on these forums. Although it is a perfectly legitimate addon.

There is also a UKTV Play addons which gives you on-demand access to Dave, Really, Yesterday and Drama. It is in the same repo as the ITV Player addon and again is perfectly legit.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2016-10-17, 14:05)DarrenHill Wrote: BBC has iPlayer WWW and ITV has ITV player add-ons in the official repo. Both are geolocked to UK IP addresses though so you'll need a VPN, smart DNS or other solution to overcome that.

You must be using a different repo to the rest of us as the ITV player add-on is not listed! probably an oversight on your part Wink
Possibly - is been a while since I installed it.

Anyway there is a repo with it via this thread.

And whilst the uk play add-on is fine, the normal repo where it lives is a banned add-on (wiki) due to what else it contains. But you can get it directly from Github with a bit of searching.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-10-17, 14:53)DarrenHill Wrote: Possibly - is been a while since I installed it.

Anyway there is a repo with it via this thread.

And whilst the uk play add-on is fine, the normal repo where it lives is a banned add-on (wiki) due to what else it contains. But you can get it directly from Github with a bit of searching.

Which is a shame as they are both decent and very reliable addons. You'd have thought the author would have hosted them somewhere a bit better.
I entirely agree - I have both installed although neither are from the repo.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-10-17, 16:03)DarrenHill Wrote: I entirely agree - I have both installed although neither are from the repo.

This is going completely off topic now. How hard/legal would it be to to take these perfectly decent addons and put them in a 'clean' repository? There are lots of addons like these two that are perfectly legal but are in repos chock full of dross.
Should be no reason why they can't be forked and rehomed, at least that I can see.

Kodi Blog Posts
Depending on their respective licenses of course.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
thanks guys. I'll get onto all of the above.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie!0