v17 Context menu order and editing items
Question 
In Kodi 16.1 we can replace context menu.

As rewrite was done to Kodi 17 there are "static" items.

My current plugins context menu in kodi 17b3 looks like this :

Quote:Play (do not mark as watched) - mine
More info <--- mine
Vote for episode <--- mine
Mark as Watched <--- mine
Play <--- build-in
Mark as watched <--- build-in
Add to favorites <--- build-in

And the question regardless this is:
1. Can I edit order of those Items ? as I would love to have build-in 'Play' have on top
2. Can I edit the commands under those "static items" as you can see I have two 'Mark as watched' because the build-in "ToggleWatched" is not enough for me - or is there a way to trigger custom action when ToggleWatched is detected, like having service in background that would trigger my custom action that is lunched at mine 'mark as watched'? (that would resolve most of my problems with context menu)

Im adding context menu items like this:
Code:
liz = xbmcgui.ListItem(details.get('title', 'Unknown'))
context = []
context.append(('More Info', 'Action(Info)'))
context.append(('Mark as Watched (JMM)', 'RunScript(plugin.video.nakamori, %s, %s&cmd=watched)'
liz.addContextMenuItems(context)
xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(handle, url, listitem=liz, isFolder=folder)

Also I don't mind extra/static items there but would love to be able to use them somehow.
anyone ?
No, this is not possible.
(2016-11-05, 20:35)bigretromike Wrote: anyone ?

This may not give you what you want, but there is a good deal of information about this new change here. Complaints, suggestions ect.
Might be a good one to follow.

Deprecated ability for plugins to replace context menu
(2016-11-06, 14:21)Protocol-X Wrote:
(2016-11-05, 20:35)bigretromike Wrote: anyone ?

This may not give you what you want, but there is a good deal of information about this new change here. Complaints, suggestions ect.
Might be a good one to follow.

Deprecated ability for plugins to replace context menu

I know about that one, but as it was almost non-active I was hoping I could get team-kodi member atention here as it could be easier to guide in which direction I should go to achive same functionality as in kodi16
Again: rearranging/manipulating of context menu entries is not possible.

It seems to me that you want to bypass the DB - this is hacky. What do you want to achive?
(2016-11-19, 23:45)membrane Wrote: Again: rearranging/manipulating of context menu entries is not possible.

It seems to me that you want to bypass the DB - this is hacky. What do you want to achive?

cleaning up context menu for addon that Im doing. To bad this is impossible, as it would clean up things..
Anyway. maybe next time something will changed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Context menu order and editing items0