Massive recording with TvHeadend - Record every movie!
Hi,
I have just posted a topic on the TvHeadend forum explaining how I record every single movie aired on TV, in such a way to always have hundreds of available « on-demand », free movies:
https://tvheadend.org/boards/4/topics/23048

I think this may be of interest to Kodi users.
Regards
Sounds like the functionality that is built in to myth TV. Are you seriously saying that you need an external script to do duplicate detection in tvh?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Tvheadend has built in duplicate detection for recordings, but maybe there is something missing/broken the script adds/fixes? In case I would be interested what this is.
Hi,
The scripts detects duplicate past recordings based on the key: (title, description).
Since the recording does not always happen (if more than 5 channels are to be recorded), I prefer to keep them in the list until they have been recorded.
Also, since the deletion is performed starting with the oldest programs, it allows to keep these shows longer.
This is especially useful for daily shows (whose description is always the same): I only want to keep the last show, and not many of them.

I know that TvHeadend has a built-in duplicate detection feature, but I am not sure how it works and whether it could do that. Also, I add these duplicate recordings using the API (and not the TvHeadend auto-record feature), I do not know if it would delete them in this case.
(2016-10-18, 10:38)spontex Wrote: Hi,
The scripts detects duplicate past recordings based on the key: (title, description).

I know that TvHeadend has a built-in duplicate detection feature, but I am not sure how it works and whether it could do that. Also, I add these duplicate recordings using the API (and not the TvHeadend auto-record feature), I do not know if it would delete them in this case.

For what I know about recent tvheadend built in duplicate detection and handling functionality and autorecs vs api etc pp, there should actually be no need for your script. ;-)
Ok, I will test that now. Thank you :-)
I still need my script in order to add the new recordings based on their rating.
Hi again,
From what I can see here, duplicate detection is related to "Autorecs", which I don't use here. Isn't it?
Thanks
(2016-10-18, 12:30)spontex Wrote: Hi again,
From what I can see here, duplicate detection is related to "Autorecs", which I don't use here. Isn't it?
Thanks

That's correct. The question is why you don't use Autorecs as they seem to fit your use case very well. ;-)

But yeah, if your script does for you what you want, all is fine I'd say.
Hi,
I do not think that Autorecs allow to record program based on their rating ("stars" column), so I do that manually.
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Massive recording with TvHeadend - Record every movie!0