v16 A lot of pictures not displayed
Hello,

a lot of my pictures are not displayed by kodi. The folder and filename are showed, I can show the filename and file size at picture information from context menu, but the thumbnail and the picture itself stays blank. No additional picture attributes are shown.

At first I thought it was the file extension .JPG on some files, so I added
Code:
<pictureextensions>
    <add>.JPG</add>
  </pictureextensions>
Is that needed?
and tried to rescan, but... How can I rescan the pictures?

Anyways, later I discovered that there are also pictures having .jpg extension are not shown.

In other apps, such as gwenview they show nicely. The only think that is special about them, is that they are actually a symlink to the picture file, because I use git annex. But that is also true for the pictures that show. The file size of the pictures should not be a problem, just like 1 to 5 MB.

What could be the problem here?

I'm happy to send one of the pics to someone...

Thanks!
Hmmm... I wouldn't know if pictures are missing. Let me know if you got this figured out... I will check my system as well
Pictures are not missing, the files are there, but they are blank, as well as the thumbnails.

EDIT: The thumbnails are not blank, they show a placeholder picture. The full screen picture is just black.
Ok
Ok, I must confess, it was my fault, a permission problem. Since all my picture files are symlinked (git-annex) I didn't got at the first time.
Thanks for updating the thread! A lot of people would forget that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A lot of pictures not displayed0