KODI DLNA setup
I've downloaded KODI and it looks like a nice piece of software that I would like to use.
But I'm not sure it fits what I would like to do.
I have a Linux desktop (currently running Fedora 23 XFCE desktop) that I use every day for email, etc.
I also have attached a disk drive that I NFS mount to other computers in the house.
This disk contains media files (photos, music, video).
I also have a Samsung Home Theater System which runs (supposedly) DLNA compliant software AllShare.
Now I would like to use KODI on my desktop to stream my media files from my desktop to the Samsung device.
I've tried Serviio, and that has a simple setup where I can configure using the console executable and run the server with the server executable.
And this works - more or less - but there are some problems which I won't get into here.
Now, my question, is there some similar setup with KODI?
I've looked at documentation and on the forum, and it's not clear to me that I could do this.
Also, I can run the software, on one of my virtual desktops, but I can't maneuver to other desktops, so it looks like I need to dedicate the whole computer to KODI?
Am I missing something?
Thanks!
hi there maybe follow this guide http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/08/16/s...with-kodi/

it is for ubuntu but amsure it be setup the same way just have to change the apt commands
Kodi is primarily a player. It does have dlna powers but they aren't great and not really what you want for this. Google 'upnp control point' for what you want
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
i appreciate the responses and suggestions!
it sounds like kodi will not easily do what i would like.
i may still use it as a player, though at some point.
thanks!
Try emby.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI DLNA setup0