Versioning the DB...
I think it would be pretty useful to know a Version for the DBs in XBMC. This (or these) version(s) might be visible somewhere in the UI. When a change in the DB structure happens that requires users to update, it could be published in the T3CH Release Notes. That way it would be easy to tell if we need to upgrade the UserData directory whenever there is a new release of XBMC. This could save a lot of time for those with a large library.

Thanks
Good idea, ...I think(?)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
so what if it needs to upgrade the db? normally it should go seamless anyway. Okey it can take a few seconds, but what would that matter?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i think he´s talking about when changes are added that require deleting the userdata folder and writing a completely fresh db. For me, this takes hours, with all my songs and tv shows and movies
timdog82001 Wrote:i think he´s talking about when changes are added that require deleting the userdata folder and writing a completely fresh db. For me, this takes hours, with all my songs and tv shows and movies

Yes... this is what I mean. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
hmm.. well okey, any such changes are usually mentioned in the changelog. they happen very seldom thou.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Versioning the DB...0