Win LG WebOs + Kodi
Hi peopleBig Grin

My situation:
- lg tv webos with plex app installed
- windows 7 with kodi
- in the same windows pc plex server installed connected with kodi
- lg tv has an active connection with the plex server
The question is:
Can I watch kodi live material as seen from PC in lg tv with this configuration ?Huh

If not, any other suggestion for home network (no HDMI, different floors)Confused

Thanks!
I'm confused, what content can you not view on the plex tv app that you can view on in kodi? It's all coming from the same plex server o_O
I would suspect the OP is maybe trying to view streamed 3rd party add-on content via the plex connection, which cannot be done.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Still doesnt make any sense because you can install 3rd party addons (plugins in case of plex) and view them from the plex tv app, or maybe he wants the Kodi UI to show on his tv somehow using plex, you'd need some level 100 wizardry to achieve that
Thanks for your answers
To rephrase what I am asking

Kodi installation is on a Windows 7 pc and in the same local network a LG webos TV exists.
I want, over this network (not HDMI), to stream, watch material from kodi to the TV.

Not necessary to control Kodi from TV as it's from an Android TV but, for example, to select a movie from Exodus and instead of watching it in PC, watch it (stream it) in TV without the need of download it first.

I don't care which addon or app is needed, Plex or something else, I just want to achieve the result
You might want to remove the name of that addon you mentioned as it's banned, but i'm pretty sure what you want to achieve can be done with Plex by using https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/202282 so Plex Server - Plex TV App with no need for Kodi
Yup I was right, unfortunately.

Please read the forum rules (wiki) on piracy and banned add-ons (wiki), for which we offer no support and which invalidate any support for devices that have them installed.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks DarrenHill,
I did remove the name

Thanks komplex, I will try that
From my little experience Kodi is superb, it has everything. Is comparable to Plex?
For support it's not just removing the name, it's removing the add-ons and repo's. There have been several cases in the past of such 3rd party add-ons doing all sorts of stuff that they shouldn't be, getting into areas of Kodi code they have no business being in and generally screwing up systems and making them unstable. Hence as we got fed up with this situation, we don't support any install containing them.

But to your original question - Kodi cannot "retransmit" the output of an add-on, so you can't get input from one add-on (legit or otherwise) and then have another one (KodiPlex or upnp/dlna for examples) transmit it to a display.

Kodi Blog Posts
I think all the OP is saying is that they wish to watch Kodi on their smart tv not via HDMI connection. The bit about Plex was a red herring/is irrelevant. I think using UPNP/DLNA client is exactly what they want.

EDIT: I'm dumb. Sorry, I didn't realize OP wants to play content from an app within Kodi. Ignore me. OP, get a super long HDMI cable, move the PC, or the better option is to purchase an Kodi Box of some sort.
EDIT 2: As a side note to the Plex Unsupported App Store, I believe that content is fairly dead. There were several forks but nothing was ever properly maintained since they initially removed it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LG WebOs + Kodi1