Kodi 17 h.265
Hi there can someone give me a bit of advice please . I use spmc as my main kodi setup. i have just installed kodi 17 on my Android device and i have noticed amcodec is missing. It's on Jarvis but not kodi 17 i am unable to play h.265 videos on kodi 17. Is the a new way to play h.265 or will i have to stick to spmc jarvis when kodi 17 is out of beta
(2016-10-18, 15:42)spursgalea Wrote: Hi there can someone give me a bit of advice please . I use spmc as my main kodi setup. i have just installed kodi 17 on my Android device and i have noticed amcodec is missing. It's on Jarvis but not kodi 17 i am unable to play h.265 videos on kodi 17. Is the a new way to play h.265 or will i have to stick to spmc jarvis when kodi 17 is out of beta

Kodi 17 only supports Mediacodec video acceleration.
If it is not working properly you should bug your manufacturer for updated firmware that follow the correct Android API's.
(2016-10-18, 17:13)mo123 Wrote:
(2016-10-18, 15:42)spursgalea Wrote: Hi there can someone give me a bit of advice please . I use spmc as my main kodi setup. i have just installed kodi 17 on my Android device and i have noticed amcodec is missing. It's on Jarvis but not kodi 17 i am unable to play h.265 videos on kodi 17. Is the a new way to play h.265 or will i have to stick to spmc jarvis when kodi 17 is out of beta

Kodi 17 only supports Mediacodec video acceleration.
If it is not working properly you should bug your manufacturer for updated firmware that follow the correct Android API's.

Thanks
Hi in regards to my issue I downloaded https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...mplayer.gp to test h265 playback and it works fine I retested kodi 17 and kodi 17 works fine now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 h.2650