iplayer suddenly started continuous buffering with upgrade to Pi 3
1. I have used Pi Model 1 B 512 for a couple of years and iplayer always worked well for me - OSMC and OpenELEC used at different times.

2. Yesterday I upgraded to a Pi 3 (the Pi 1 is going to my daughter to play with). I installed the latest version of OSMC for a pi 2-3 to the SSD card and fired up the Pi 3. It all went well, but I was concerned to find that iplayer now buffers every 10-30 seconds making it unusable.

3. At first I thought there was a problem with the Pi 3's power supply or something else. So I removed the Pi 2-3 version of OSMC, reinstalled Pi 1 version on SSD and tried the Pi 1 again. Same issue happening on Pi 1, constant buffering. I wonder if downloading the latest versions of OSMC included an updated version of iplayer? Difficult to account for this sudden change in performance with iplayer which has never let me down before. I had made no other changes to my network (I have 3-4 other PCs on the network at anyone time, one windows 10 pc and the rest Linux). Normally only 2 run at any one time. I checked the download speeds and they are still around 6-7 Mb/sec as before. Did reboot the router just in case. I also downloaded and installed OpenELEC for each Pi in turn but performance was the same on both Pi's. Now reduced to running Film on TV, which is fine, but it is not what I want.

Happy to provide whatever else info anyone might need though I might need help in finding stuff as I am not very experienced media-centre-wise.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iplayer suddenly started continuous buffering with upgrade to Pi 30