Android Change IP address of kodi box
So, to cut a long story short, the settings on my router got zapped and now the kodi box has a new ip address. However, the kodi app on my phone still looks at the old ip address. I can't see how to update this. Are there any tips, or something that I might be missing?

TIA
Kabads
Oops.
Quote ronie: "Estuary is a giant piece of crap." Looking for a new quote. Ideas?
(2016-10-18, 18:44)kabads Wrote: So, to cut a long story short, the settings on my router got zapped and now the kodi box has a new ip address. However, the kodi app on my phone still looks at the old ip address. I can't see how to update this. Are there any tips, or something that I might be missing?

TIA
Kabads

It should be simple enough what kodi app are you using & is it on Android or iPhone?
I'm guessing you are talking about Kore. Open the left menu (drawer) and tap the host in the top left corner. Then use the context menu (three vertical dots) to select "change" for the host. This should enable you to edit the host's settings.
@poisdeux - thanks for the tip - when I swipe to the right, all I get is text saying "Connecting to osmc-basil (192.168.1.225)" which is the old ip address. I can't see the context menu that you mention. The three vertical dots lead to Send text to media center, Library maintenance and Toggle Fullscreen - nothingn else. There is no "change" on my android version (which I'm assuming is the latest version as it comes from google's play store).
OK - I've solved it by installing a nightly from the website, which wiped the old settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change IP address of kodi box0