Win No Audio After Video Playback
Can anyone help me with an issue im having with audio suddenly dropping off after watching a video file/stream.

After starting kodi i have full GUI sounds and audio playback when playing a video stream, but after stopping this initial video file i suddenly lose all audio including GUI sounds.

My setup is a windows 10 based minipc with audio/video over HDMI to my Sony TV. Audio output device is set as Directsound: SonyTV, although i get the same issue when switching to WASAPI output. Restarting Kodi usually fixes the issue, although interestingly i still have full audio output in windows (opening a youtube video in a web browser still plays full audio).

Im assuming kodi is somehow dumping the audio codec inbetween playing video streams, but i cant get to the bottom of it. Any ideas?

TIA Smile
We don't offer support for any installation containing banned add-ons (wiki) which violate our forum rules (wiki) on piracy.

Yours is such a set-up, so if you want help here they need to be removed and a clean log re-posted if the issue persists.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-10-19, 10:02)DarrenHill Wrote: We don't offer support for any installation containing banned add-ons (wiki) which violate our forum rules (wiki) on piracy.

Yours is such a set-up, so if you want help here they need to be removed and a clean log re-posted if the issue persists.

?

I was opening a stream from iplayer?

Edit: Ive ammended my post, any ideas what might be the problem? I cant upload new logs right now as im at work, but any pointers would be appreciated.
Code:
22:51:17 T:7028   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in repository.exodus has been installed.'
22:51:17 T:7028   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in plugin.program.addoninstaller has been installed.'
22:51:17 T:7028   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in script.exodus.artwork has been installed.'
22:51:17 T:7028   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in plugin.video.exodus has been installed.'
22:51:17 T:7028   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in superrepo.kodi.jarvis.all has been installed.

We don't support any install containing such banned add-ons (wiki), regardless of whether they appear to influence the actual issue being reported or not.

If you want help here, you need to abide by the rules including having a set-up free of such 3rd party piracy-supporting add-ons and wizards.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Yes, sorry, was in the middle of a repaste of my logs as you were typing. Ill repost in a sec. Many thanks.
Edit: Ive linked my new logs below.

https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/23347708/

TIA Smile
First thanks developing of Kodi. I love Kodi and I've been using Kodi since version 11 Eden. Now acquired a minipc atom z3735f to play my media in the living room from another computer in another room but since I upgraded to Windows anniversary happens to me exactly the partner says, before everything worked properly.

The audio works correctly until reproduce content 24Hz, kodi when changing refresh screen loses the audio, if I stop the reproduction've lost audio interface completely.

If i go desktop windows while Kodi is running I have no sound on windows. If i close kodi sound becomes ok.

I have updated the intel graphics driver and audio realtek.

I think it´s something related to drivers and HDMI becomes something crazy when changing screens often because if I disconnect the HDMI cable and reconnect everything is solved.

It would be interesting if this thing Kodi could afford.

Thank you very much in advance and greetings to the entire group of developers behind kodi, sorry for my english i´m using google translator.
(2016-10-20, 21:33)roliverosc Wrote: First thanks developing of Kodi. I love Kodi and I've been using Kodi since version 11 Eden. Now acquired a minipc atom z3735f to play my media in the living room from another computer in another room but since I upgraded to Windows anniversary happens to me exactly the partner says, before everything worked properly.

The audio works correctly until reproduce content 24Hz, kodi when changing refresh screen loses the audio, if I stop the reproduction've lost audio interface completely.

If i go desktop windows while Kodi is running I have no sound on windows. If i close kodi sound becomes ok.

I have updated the intel graphics driver and audio realtek.

I think it´s something related to drivers and HDMI becomes something crazy when changing screens often because if I disconnect the HDMI cable and reconnect everything is solved.

It would be interesting if this thing Kodi could afford.

Thank you very much in advance and greetings to the entire group of developers behind kodi, sorry for my english i´m using google translator.

Ive moved over to using Directsound: HDMI as the audio output now and everything seems ok again, although it means you cant control the system volume from inside Kodi (i just use my soundbar remote to handle volume for now).

Ill move back to WASAPI in a few days when im convinced everythings ok again in Directsound.

Give it a try.
just a moment ago he had tested and it is true that the problem is corrected but I have problems cuts in the audio track guess this will be motivated by lack of power in micro.

Enviado desde mi Elephone M2 mediante tapatalk
Aaaaand, right on cue the problem is back. I've tried switching to 48khz in Windows audio settings for my TV, but still get the same issue. Can someone take a look at my logs and check if there's an error flag from kodi on loading audio codecs. It seems to happen when I finish watching or stop playback of any sort of video.
AnyoneHuh Im going out of my head with this now, my audio is dropping off after every single video playback now and i have to reboot the machine to get sound back again. Im fairly certain its a kodi issue because exiting kodi and streaming a movie from my server or watching a youtube video still has sound.

https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/23347708/
The real issue is that once banned add-ons are detected, the code has likely been compromised and not detecting any in a subsequent log doesn't mean that the damage has been undone, or an edit of the log has taken place. At this point in time my suggestion would be to install Kodi in 'portable mode' {http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable_mode} without any add-on and fully check it's operation, if that should exhibit audio issues, follow this thread (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=146911) if all works out, then you know something in your home build is at fault. Adding extras one at a time will bring the culprit to your attention.

If you still have issues with the portable version, please attach a proper debug log to this thread.
I Will do It.

Enviado desde mi Elephone M2 mediante tapatalk
(2016-11-07, 16:36)PatK Wrote: The real issue is that once banned add-ons are detected, the code has likely been compromised and not detecting any in a subsequent log doesn't mean that the damage has been undone, or an edit of the log has taken place. At this point in time my suggestion would be to install Kodi in 'portable mode' {http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable_mode} without any add-on and fully check it's operation, if that should exhibit audio issues, follow this thread (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=146911) if all works out, then you know something in your home build is at fault. Adding extras one at a time will bring the culprit to your attention.

If you still have issues with the portable version, please attach a proper debug log to this thread.

Thanks for taking the time to post. While i totally get the need to have nothing to do with illegal addons to protect the project, the fact that i went back and amended any reference to them in this thread and completely edited my logs but still didnt get any response is a bit of a shame.

Either way, after 3 weeks of trying to get some sort of help on here im still no nearer sorting this problem out and its a bit of a deal breaker as kodi is pretty much unusable for me right now (and i personally know a heck of a lot of win10 users who are in the same boat), so ill just have to switch back to mediaportal.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway.
(2016-11-08, 11:22)eetaylog Wrote: completely edited my logs but still didnt get any response is a bit of a shame.

Seriously?

The real issue is not that your log shows banned add-ons BUT that your Kodi installation has probably been compromised by these add-ons

Just repost the same log with banned add-ons names removed will not change how your issue will be handled on the forum

If you really want help: try to reproduce your issue with a clean (without banned add-ons) kodi installation and if it is still there then provide a new full debug log (and not one you have edited yourself)
Moanbag is in da place!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Audio After Video Playback1