Win No Audio After Video Playback
Dears,

I've recently bought an Intel x5-z8300 box with Windows 10 home (it has been updated to version 1607); it's connected to a Panasonic TX-P42G10E plasma TV.

I installed Kodi 16.1 and enabled some plug-ins from the default repository (never used a different one).

I'm using default configuration settings, except that in "system\video" "use fullscreen window" is disabled.
For reference, "System/Audio" is set as:
  • Output device: DIRECTSOUND: default (Panasonic HDMI)
  • Number of channels: 2.0
  • Output configuration: Optimized

When I enable under "Setting/Video/Playback/Adjust display refresh rate to match video", the audio is often mute.
Additionally, after the audio mutes, if I stop playback, UI sounds are gone.
Windows sound is mute, too, until I kill Kodi from Task Manager.
When audio is muted, the Kodi exit button doesn't work and freeze the system.

Here you can find a log of system working well when "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" is disabled: http://pastebin.com/5axBVJnh
Here you can find a log of audio not worlking when "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" is enabled: http://pastebin.com/rxtrW5rs

Both log are taken with verbose audio and video log.
In the latter log, I also tried to exit Kodi, and had to reboot the system due it only displaying a black screen.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Edit: I posted in this thread because my problem is similar to OP and more similar to post #7.
update: I tried to setup an EDID override as specified >elsewhere in the forum<, but that didn't solve the issue.

I also tried to use MPC-HC, configured the frequency switching, and it worked without issues.
I think somewhere there's a little bug. I can provide different logs if needed.

Thanks again.
ilGimmy
Apparently it is happening to many people not only to who has a small atom processor but to people with more powerful processors, it has to be related with the way in which kodi uses directx on windows. I am sure.

I hope that the developers solve this soon because kodi is a little uncertain.
I just installed the krypton beta 5 version cleanly and also happens, tomorrow I will log. I have reproduced a demo files and different trailers and only could reproduce the first of them, at the end of the reproduction the sound had already been lost. I've also had trouble playing after the first play.

In addition as the version 16.1 kodi does not close properly I have to force the application close through the task manager. I hope that finally these things are solved before the final version.

Cheer guys.

Enviado desde mi Elephone M2 mediante tapatalk
Here is my log I playing some trailers with different settings video acceleration hardware DVXA 2.

Kodi.log
hi all,
another log with latest nightly "KodiSetup-20161120-7285a76-fix-analog.exe".
I made a portable install to not mess my default profile.

this is what happens in the log:
thanks again
Is there something new about this bug?

unfortunately it's always the same. After first frame rate switch, everything is ok, then all others locks DirectSound or make distortion in WASAPI.
I suppose there should be some nasty bug somewhere.
I ended up moving back to analogue audio via headphone output to my soundbar. Cant really tell the difference in quality and i dont have the issue any more. Its a shame though as its one extra cable that has to be run between the pc and tv.
I have been testing only problems if we activate the option to activate screen refresh. Also fails If we activate the fullscreen.

+1

Enviado desde mi M2 mediante Tapatalk
Well, a few days ago I had time to try this post about resolve Loss of HDMI Audio and finally it seems that the problem has been solved, thanks to all the developers of kodi. Also the unexpected stops of kodi have stopped happening. I've been without the f******g problem for 24 hours.

I recommend to everyone who has similar problems do the indicated in this thread first. To me it has worked I do not know that with this all similar problems are solved.

Regards.
Hi the error has returned I have created a driver for my television and I actually have kodi a little abandoned by this error. I have to say that I have the full screen option enabled and dxva disabled.

https://pastebin.com/XXL1j0wv
Hello I upload a new log, I have dxva2 disabled and kodi in window mode.
I'm really desperate whenever active active refresh rate kodi loses the sound.

https://pastebin.com/k9hyzb78

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Audio After Video Playback1