MiBox and other Andriod Boxes
Never having owned an Andriod Box , there are a few issues I'd like to clarify.

- How does Kodi perform on these boxes ? Which Kodi is used... Kodi itself or the SPMC ? Having watched a few video reviews I believe I saw both Kodi and SPMC installed. Is that possible, and exactly what is the difference between the two ?

- On the Mi Box remote I don't see a FF, Rew, Pause ect. How is this accomplished ? And are these functions similar within Kodi as they are on the Android side ? Will I lose any functionality while in Kodi ?

- As to the USB port on the Mi and other boxes. Can you connect a hard drive to play video files (iso, mp4, ect) from ? And is there a limitation to the size of drive you can connect on these boxes ? Having a few 3TB drives with movies and such I will mostly use this box to watch videos off of my HDs via Kodi.

- Has anyone connected a USB Hub/ Ethernet Port device to these Boxes, and how well do they work compared to the WIFI ?

Thanks....
Thread moved to Hardware
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I have a Mi Box and a couple of Android boxes. Yes you can have both SPMC and Kodi on them at the same time. Both run very well for what I use them for. SPMC I believe has voice search integration for AndroidTV which is nice.

The circular button on the mi box remote acts as a directional pad like most other remotes. right for FF, left for RR.

Yes you can use the USB port for removable storage. I only use it to transfer files so I can't really comment on that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MiBox and other Andriod Boxes0