Deleting movies from Kodi and HDD directly by looking at Thumbnail?
Hi all,

I've recently added a huge collection of movies to my media server, and after cataloging the movies, after reviewing the movies through the Kodi interfae i see that there's a lot of movies that i do not need. I'd like to delete these movies directly through kodi, as in not only delete from kodi, but also delete the files physically from the media server. If i have to delete these movie folders directly from the server i will have to do a lot of back and forth between the media server and the Kodi UI to see which movie i need and should delete.

Any recommendations. I am using Aeon MQ 6 skin, but can switch the skin if any skin allows this feature to delete the movie folders directly from the PC from the kodi interface.
You can only do that in the file manager.
file manager? using windows explorer? cannot see the thumbnail from kodi and delete the movie/folder
http://kodi.wiki/view/File_manager

usually found under the system menu, not sure for Aeon MQ 6
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
Thanks, if this works, i am ok with it. I dont care for aeon, i can change the skin later back to aeon, all i need to do right now is clean up.
Let me try this out. thanks for the tip
Ok, you still cannot see the thumbnails or the cover of the movie in file manager. Is there a way to enable it?
You can show movies through Videos/Files. On my HTPC I have a movies folder that I added as a source in Videos; I can therefore navigate to my movies folder with Videos/Files/Movies.

Once you show a folder containing movies, you can select a view that shows Thumbnails (Xonfluence and, presumably, Confluence and others I'm sure). To delete a movie press Delete on a keyboard, or Context to see a menu containing delete.

Andy
(2016-10-20, 01:56)AndyHenderson Wrote: You can show movies through Videos/Files. On my HTPC I have a movies folder that I added as a source in Videos; I can therefore navigate to my movies folder with Videos/Files/Movies.

Once you show a folder containing movies, you can select a view that shows Thumbnails (Xonfluence and, presumably, Confluence and others I'm sure). To delete a movie press Delete on a keyboard, or Context to see a menu containing delete.

Andy

You my Sir, please accept my standing ovation. Thank you so so much!!! This worked like a charm.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleting movies from Kodi and HDD directly by looking at Thumbnail?0