OS X apple tv 1
hello,
i just installed Kodi 16.1 on ATV 1 with OSMC and did not set up the internet at the beginning. How do I set up internet, after the fact?

thanks
Isn't osmc linux based? In that case this would be the wrong forum to ask...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
In OSMC there should be a built-in add-on for configuring it. It will either be available on the main menu, or if not look under program add-ons.

All stuff like internet that would normally be handled by the underlying OS in other installs of Kodi should be available for set-up there.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I would need Internet to do that, right? I went into OSMC menu and I didn’t see anything that you’re referring to (I am using OSMG, Linux, ATV 1 Kodi 16.1). I was told that OSMC doesn’t recognize the ATV1’s wifi card so there is no setting for wireless. I would need something called USB wifi dongle. Is this true? I previously had XBMC, which was simple and worked perfectly. I don’t know why Kodi would move to something that is soooooooo complicated and does not work for ATV 1, it’s bad enough that we have to search all over the world for help and the YouTube video are scarce. Sorry, I’m just a little upset over having to work on this for almost two weeks without success. Devil
You might be better asking all this on the OSMC forums (here) if you haven't already - Kodi itself doesn't support the ATV1 any more as it's such an old device.

The problem you are having is with the underlying "foundation" stuff that OSMC puts below Kodi (between it and the hardware) to get it to work, and it's rather beyond what we deal with here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Okay. . . So, just to make sure I understand. Kodi no longer has information for ATV1? OSMC is the "provider" but puts Kodi's name on all downloads? In your opinion, is the ATV1 obsolete? If so, which system/device works best with kodi? Thanks
Kodi has not directly supported the Broadcom Crystal HD (wiki) board in the ATV1 (wiki) since v14, and so no version later than that can be installed directly (the current release version, Kodi Jarvis, is v16.1 for reference).

However OSMC have chosen to maintain their support for it. OSMC (wiki) is a parallel project to Kodi, and is "an embedded, minimal, self updating Linux distributing which ships a Kodi front-end for a variety of devices" (to quote the wiki link prior to it).

As to what system/device works best with Kodi, it depends precisely what you want to do/play with Kodi. Have a look in the hardware section here (and especially the stickied threads in that section) for plenty of information and guidance on devices which work well with Kodi in various scenarios and requirements).

Kodi Blog Posts
The other alternative is...

LibreELEC Kodi Jarvis on the ATV1 found here:

https://forum.libreelec.tv/forum-27.html

The old ATV1 in combo with a BCM970015 Crystal HD card will be fine if all you are doing is streaming 480/720/1080p (non HEVC) content. I used one for years as a TvHeadend server as well.

Once you start loading the ATV1 up with all sorts of Kodi Addons and additional crap is when you kill it as it only has 256MB of RAM to start off with, and maybe 150MB of that is usable if your lucky.

You just have to know its limitations and work within them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
apple tv 10