KODI as IR controlled "file-manager" in classrooms
[/color]
Hi all,

i am going to set up some refurbished linux-boxes to be used as "classroom-media-centers".

I wonder, if i can/should use KODI as the main graphical user interface (i.e. main application) to be used by my colleagues
to present stuff to our students.

Technically, i plan to prepare some folders for PDF-, ODT-, Video, Pictures and Sound-files on some mobile storage media (USB-Stick).
Whenever a colleague plugs-in her USB-Stick (that maybe holds a full linux-on-a-stick-system),
KODI runs automatically and by an IR-Remote-Control one is able to choose a file from one of these folders (...).

The available PDF-Add-ons are from my perspective no option. free action movies
PDF-, ODT-, (...)-files should be opened with stand-alone-applications such as okular, evince and libreoffice.
[/color]

The "Advanced Launcher" is a great add-on that is able to launch such applications and also is able
(as far as i understood) to open files *manually* added to KODI with some user specified application -- but:

Is it also possible to use KODI as a "file manager" that shows and opens a file based on a file-extension with
some suitable application? If so, how can i achieve this? Is there another (lightweight) "MediaCenter" around
that i should investigate instead of KODI?
free comedy movies and watch horror movies online, watch movies online free
[/color]

I played around with KODI and searched the web, but think i should asked experts and collect some other opinions and ideas on this ...

Thanks a lot for any hints!
I still think you are better of with something else here. Thats not what Kodi was made for and you have to tweak alot for yourself (if its even possible). In the end you have lost some hairs over it while you simply could have used a windows notebook with presenter mouse Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-10-20, 07:43)Memphiz Wrote: I still think you are better of with something else here. Thats not what Kodi was made for and you have to tweak alot for yourself (if its even possible). In the end you have lost some hairs over it while you simply could have used a windows notebook with presenter mouse Wink
+1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI as IR controlled "file-manager" in classrooms0