FTP on cheap Android box
Hi all,

I've got a Qbeel box off Amazon. It's alright - for the money!

I'd like to FTP in to it so that I can place some music files on it. I'm able to do this easily on my Chromebox but I appear blocked on this.

As it comes fully loaded, how do I find out the username and password? Is it even possible to do this?

Any help gratefully received,

Best,

Duncan
Not here - we do not support nor want anything to do with "fully loaded" boxes.

Read this for more details.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-10-20, 16:20)DarrenHill Wrote: Not here - we do not support nor want anything to do with "fully loaded" boxes.

Read this for more details.

It's pretty dreadful, I'll admit. My Chromebox I built from scratch and works perfectly.

Looking at ways to wipe the box and install it again.
I'll move this to the hardware section in case anyone cares to help with that (that being the only kind of support offered for banned add-ons (wiki) here).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-10-20, 16:31)DarrenHill Wrote: I'll move this to the hardware section in case anyone cares to help with that (that being the only kind of support offered for banned add-ons (wiki) here).

Thanks Darren.

I've got rid of all the rubbish and installed a clean version of Kodi.

Please could someone explain how to FTP/SFTP into it? I didn't get asked for any passwords during the installation.
That should be handled by the Android layer underneath. Kodi has built-in SFTP (wiki) client support, but that's for going the other way (to access shares on PCs and networks via SFTP).

The simplest method may just be to share your music from your PC or whatever, then set that share up as a source on your Kodi install and use the Kodi file manager to move things across. Either that or look at using a separate app like ES File Explorer to do the transfer.

Kodi Blog Posts
Install either ES File explorer fot FTP or even better SambaDroid for normal file access : https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...roid&hl=en
sorry, i seem to have misread your question. You need to FTP into the box, not from it.
I guess an FTPServer program like this one will do: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...rver&hl=nl

I havent tried it as i don't use Android for these purposes and there are others of course. Just pick one you like.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FTP on cheap Android box0