Bug MyVideos DB - defunct row in table `path` not deleted properly
Hi.

I think I've found a somewhat obscure bug.

In MyVideos DB I've found a circumstance where a row in table path doesn't get properly cleaned when a TV Show is removed from database.

The TV Information scraper for TheTVDB has a feature where you can specify "Use DVD Order" & "Use Absolute Ordering" instead of the default as returned from a standard scrape.
This writes an XML string to field strSettings in table path in DB MyVideos$.db
If this option is used, and the TV show in question is later deleted & removed from database but it has an entry in field strSettings then the row does not get deleted.

I'm not sure of the exact mechansim but this leads to subsequent library updates writing a WARNING: entry in kodi.log for the now deleted show on every rescan.
e.g. "WARNING: Process directory 'smb://USERNAMETongueASSWORD@PATH//TVshowname/' does not exist - skipping scan."

Obviously it's not a showstopper, but more of a cosmetic/log-tidy-up bug than anything else. Wink

I haven't raised a proper bug report in the TRAC system yet because I'm not certain it isn't an intended behaviour (i.e. retain scraper setting if show is later re-added to DB)
I tried searching to see if this was a known issue/behaviour but all the keywords led to far too many unrelated posts to be able to find anything specific.

If anyone knows better please and/or it's an already known issue or intended behaviour please post so I don't waste the devs time & this thread can be closed.

I've posted in `Support/General Support/OS-Independent` because I'd imagine the overall DB management is the territory of the core Kodi devs. If mods think it belongs more properly in `Support/Add-on Support/Metadata Scrapers` I'd be grateful if you could move this thread accordingly.

Cheers
--
kurai
You forgot to mention what kodi version. We only do changes/fixes on upcoming v17
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I happened to be using current stable (16.1), but the log warnings for defunct/deleted shows have been present going back years & many versions - I noticed it a looooong while back as a curiosity rather than anything earth-shattering so never did anything much to investigate deeper.
I haven't tested on v17 betas but given the issue has been around for years it seemed reasonable to suppose it's in them too.

I just happened to stumble onto the connection to the TheTVDB scraper by co-incidence last night while I was poking round at the scraper & DB & logs for what turned out to be an unrelated issue (temporary DNS issue to TheTVDB when scraping info for DB updates).

The only shows that generated the `does not exist - skipping scan` warnings were those that where I'd changed the scraper to use DVD ordering for episode numbering at some point.
To test, last night, I created a couple of temp paths & showname files, set DVD ordering for one, then scraped them both for metadata info, then deleted the ep & show from database via UI, then rescanned DB.
Lo & behold - log warning for the altered show, none for the default one. DB was clean for default show and had the remnant strSetting entry for the changed one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyVideos DB - defunct row in table `path` not deleted properly1