Win Windows passthrough to Home Cinema
Good Morning

Recently bought a LG Sound System BH9540TW (http://www.lg.com/uk/home-cinema-systems/lg-BH9540TW), it supports DD True HD and DTS HD etc, However on my PC does not detect anything, please see the following images

I think the problem is the EDID, already deactivated simplelink from TV and AV, but it is all the same

The AV is connected as follows:
  • PC -> AV -> TV (All per HDMI)

My Specs is
  • NVIDIA GTX 750TI (Last Drivers)
  • i3 4300
  • ASROCK H55M-LE
  • 8GB Ram

Can you help me?

Thank you very much
What does a kodi debug log say?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
This system does not support TrueHD/DTSHD or DTSHDMA on its *inputs*. Besides you wouldn't notice any difference anyway.
Hello the log of kodi is where

http://pastebin.com/3uwKiwz6

For also I thought about the inputs .... But not DTS 5.1 am to be able to

Thanks
It clearly shows dts-hd and truehd - see lines 9-16 109-116 (sorry android chrome cut off the beginning of the lines!).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The issue looks like it's the PC that can't output those formats.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
Not according to the log.
Might want to check the drivers for the NVIDIA, which you might have to do a custom install, choose express, and make sure HD Audio drivers are selected.
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
(2016-10-24, 00:05)nickr Wrote: Not according to the log.

I'm more basing it off the picture that shows Windows doesn't see support for those formats. That's happened a few times with mine and I needed to reinstall the drivers to get Windows to see support, and then they'd play right.
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Oh and the log shows that he's choosing DirectSound (Initialize: Initializing DirectSound with the following parameters) and not WASAPI. Change your audio output device to WASAPI.
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
The OP doesn't actually say what happens when he plays dts-hd. Yes of course he should use wasapi, that's clear from the log, and the instructions.
The answer was posted in #3. There's no amount of tinkering that will allow that system to decode HD Audio.
And Nickr, whatever you're taking: I want it.. Smile
Ah I see what you're saying, it'll only play those from the Blu-Ray, not from something plug into it. I just did a quick glance at that and saw they were supported. If you can return that LG Sound System BH9540TW and get a receiver with some speakers.
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
What part of "kodi detects that the sound system can play DTS-HD and TrueHD" is hard to understand?

What actually happens when a sample is played?
Nothing, except you obviously skipped lines 86-89..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows passthrough to Home Cinema0