how to access userdata folder on atv4 no jailbrake
I have an Apple TV4 with the latest Kodi build and i want to add some font for subtitles folder
but i cant access to userdata folder !!!!
Is there any way to do that

Thanks guys
Via the kodi internal filemanager?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-10-21, 18:02)Memphiz Wrote: Via the kodi internal filemanager?

via any way !!! I simply want to add my favorite font into

var/mobile/library/preferences/kodi/media/fonts

How can I access this source
Add a source to "special://xbmc" and access it via the filemanager in kodi. Add a second source to your nas and copy your font to it and then copy from nas to kodi...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-10-22, 11:00)Memphiz Wrote: Add a source to "special://xbmc" and access it via the filemanager in kodi. Add a second source to your nas and copy your font to it and then copy from nas to kodi...

Thank You So Much Dear Love
Hi there. Could you please be more spesific if you don't mind please. How can I add a source to ''special://xbmc '' or for eg. I want to add it to ''special://profile/addondata'' folder. And why I am asking '' how to add '' because I want to install an add-on zip file to Kodi 19.3 on Apple TV 4.

The add-on is '' inputstream.ffmpegdirect '' . There is also a post here about it but not including a solution. This add-on normally included in Kodi official repository; but only for macOS version among apple devices. I don't know what's the reason but it's not included in the Kodi Repository on iOS and tvOS apps. Even there isn't a sub-category called '' VideoPlayer InputStream '' in the add-ons menu in Kodi Add-on repository, while there is on macOS version.

Indeed; as you know, on the Kodi official website, there is Add-Ons menu for download; that ''inputstream.ffmpegdirect'' add-on is also present there, the dowload links are listed for related platforms; windows, osX and android, but again no iOS and tvOS versions.!

So I found the zip file of that add-on in one of the git-hub conversations included with a link in a comment. The site's name was Jenkins.kodi.tv. There was both iOS and tvOS zip files of that add-on. So it was easy to install it on Kodi on iPhone; by using the ''install from zip file'' inside the app.

But, since yesterday I've been trying so hard to find how to install it on Kodi on ATV4, been searching lots of GitHub and Kodi forums here, but no way I could find so far.! 
I tried to send the zip file via Xcode (using Download Container option ), Apple Configurator 2, but no luck. In both it seems sent, but to where ? 

I tried the 2 ways in Kodi; '' install from zip file'' > There is a '' Home Folder '' and under it '' Documents, Library, SystemData and tmp''; but 3 of them isn't accessible, only ''temp'' can be accessed but it's not containing my zip file though.
Then I tried to add a source by using '' File Manager''; there's a folder there ''Profile Index '' ( the path name seems as '' special://profile) and under it '' addon_data, Database, keycaps,library.. '' etc. But the zip file I tried to send wasn't in any of them again.

So I'm desperate about this; and as I asked at the beginning; '' how can I share that zip file as adding a source to ''special://profile'' to one of the folders under it. ? 
And what is ''nas'' that you mentioned and how to add a second source to that and then copy the file from it to Kodi? 

Sorry for long comment but I wanted to explain the situation entirely.
@g.demir10 the add-on isn't available in the repo on iOS/tvOS because it's a binary one and must be bundled inside the app before signing it (for users without jailbreak). Not sure how you installed it on iOS unless your device is jailbroken...

to achieve that, do the following:
  1. download the build you need, e.g. 19.3 release
  2. unpack the deb file to obtain Kodi.app
  3. download inputstream.ffmpegdirect build and unpack it, e.g. from https://jenkins.kodi.tv/view/Addons/job/...ob/Matrix/
  4. place the inputstream.ffmpegdirect directory in Kodi.app/AppData/AppHome/addons
  5. now sign the Kodi.app and upload it to your ATV
  6. activate the add-on in My Addons
(2022-02-25, 21:26)kambala Wrote: @g.demir10 the add-on isn't available in the repo on iOS/tvOS because it's a binary one and must be bundled inside the app before signing it (for users without jailbreak). Not sure how you installed it on iOS unless your device is jailbroken...

to achieve that, do the following:
  1. download the build you need, e.g. 19.3 release
  2. unpack the deb file to obtain Kodi.app
  3. download inputstream.ffmpegdirect build and unpack it, e.g. from https://jenkins.kodi.tv/view/Addons/job/...ob/Matrix/
  4. place the inputstream.ffmpegdirect directory in Kodi.app/AppData/AppHome/addons
  5. now sign the Kodi.app and upload it to your ATV
  6. activate the add-on in My Addons
@kambala thanks much for the support. Actually I managed to install it after writing this post by using the '' Download/Replace '' container method. I saw this method in one of the conversations here in forum but at first I couldn't know how to use it. Then I grasped the logic and implemented it and succeeded. ( Downloaded the Kodi Container as .xcappdata file, then ''show package content'' > AppData > Library > Caches > Kodi > Addons and placed the missing inputstream addon folder here, then Replaced the modified xcappdata file inside Kodi in Xcode devices window. ) But this way takes a bit long time according to how much your Kodi app file size is large by installing new add-ons and other settings.

The way you told is also practical and easy, actually it didn't come to my mind, it makes sense so much.  But I suppose by applying this way; you build Kodi from scratch and all add-ons and settings would have gone, right ? So I think it's good to apply that way at the beginning of the installation if you aware of that add-on or any other add-on/file is missing in your Kodi Version.

Also I want to ask something about signing the app that way (with placing any other add-on or file, or signing without placing any file inside it.) You said unpack the deb file, to obtain Kodi and sign it  (But signing only the Kodi.app I understand): 
So after unpacking the deb file, we unpack ''data.tar.xz '' file to obtain the Kodi.app. But what about the other two files; ''Control.tar.gz'' and ''Debian-binary'' inside the package? Signing only the Kodi app file is enough to use the app properly? Lack of those 2 files don't cause any issues?  Because normally when signing the app by iOS App Signer and then install it via Xcode; we place the Kodi Deb File as the input file to App Signer. (So the input file-Deb- includes those 3 files it ( Control, data and Debian-binary )).

I'm not so experienced about those issues; using Xcode, binaries, builds etc. I've just started to walk around topics like using Kodi, Xcode, installing 3rd party apps to iOS and tvOS, GitHub issues etc a few weeks ago. So apologies for any pointless questions or expressions : )

And by the way; I installed the app on my iPhone by Xcode also; the same way; generated a provisioning profile for iOS on Xcode, then signing the Deb File for iOS via App Signer and install via Xcode- Devices menu. I'm using a non-jailbroken iPhone 12 with iOS 15.3.1.

And it was easy to install that missing inputstream.ffmpeg file on Kodi on iOS; I downloaded the add-on zip file from the link- also you shared ( Jenkins.kodi.tv)- to iPhone, then open the Kodi app, went to the menu ''install from zip file '' then browsing the document folder for the add-on zip file and that was it : )
(2022-02-27, 14:56)g.demir10 Wrote: But I suppose by applying this way; you build Kodi from scratch and all add-ons and settings would have gone, right ?
Fortunately, you're wrong Smile What you install on device (the app) is essentially a read-only directory, all your settings are kept in another place that are not overwritten when you update the app. They're deleted only when you delete an app from device.
(2022-02-27, 14:56)g.demir10 Wrote: But what about the other two files; ''Control.tar.gz'' and ''Debian-binary'' inside the package? Signing only the Kodi app file is enough to use the app properly? Lack of those 2 files don't cause any issues?  Because normally when signing the app by iOS App Signer and then install it via Xcode; we place the Kodi Deb File as the input file to App Signer. (So the input file-Deb- includes those 3 files it ( Control, data and Debian-binary )).
Those 2 files contain some deb metadata that aren't needed for the Kodi app itself. iOS App Signer simply unpacks deb -> data.tar.xz behind the scenes.
(2022-02-27, 14:56)g.demir10 Wrote: And by the way; I installed the app on my iPhone by Xcode also; the same way; generated a provisioning profile for iOS on Xcode, then signing the Deb File for iOS via App Signer and install via Xcode- Devices menu. I'm using a non-jailbroken iPhone 12 with iOS 15.3.1.
Well done! You did it right Smile
(2022-02-27, 14:56)g.demir10 Wrote: And it was easy to install that missing inputstream.ffmpeg file on Kodi on iOS; I downloaded the add-on zip file from the link- also you shared ( Jenkins.kodi.tv)- to iPhone, then open the Kodi app, went to the menu ''install from zip file '' then browsing the document folder for the add-on zip file and that was it : )
While you can install it like that, have you checked that the add-on actually works? Wink The answer would be no because the binary part (dynamic library) is not signed. In macOS it's not an issue because it's possible to tell the app to load unsigned libraries, but on iOS/tvOS such trick is impossible on a non-jailbroken device.
(2022-02-27, 18:01)kambala Wrote: While you can install it like that, have you checked that the add-on actually works? Wink The answer would be no because the binary part (dynamic library) is not signed. In macOS it's not an issue because it's possible to tell the app to load unsigned libraries, but on iOS/tvOS such trick is impossible on a non-jailbroken device.

Yes, I tried it again; installed the app from scratch ( I deleted it before) by signing via iOS App Signer and then installed on iPhone via Xcode. 

Then I opened the app and saw there is no '' inputstream.ffmpeg direct'' add-on inside the Kodi add-on repository or under my addons.
hen I placed that add-on's zip file inside '' In My iPhone > Kodi '' folder ( because the app don't see the file while you go to '' Add-ons >install from zip file > Home Folder > Documents '' if you place it in other folder in the Files folder. ) , then went to add-ons > install from zip file and installed by choosing the zip file, and then checked it's present now in the VidePlayer InputStream menu.
And then I tried to install a video add-on again ( a 3rd party add-on called Mad Titan Sports ), which was unable to install at first due to lack of inputstream.ffmpeg.direct, and it was successfully installed this time, and it's working like a charm Smile 

And thanks much for your concrete answers @kambala . Really appreciate that, they're precious for me.
(2022-02-28, 01:06)g.demir10 Wrote: And then I tried to install a video add-on again
Please do not come to this forum while installing add-ons known for video piracy. Our forum rules (wiki) and piracy policy (wiki) clearly state that we don't want anything to do with them. So don't use them and don't even mention them while visiting us.
(2022-02-28, 01:11)Klojum Wrote: Please do not come to this forum while installing add-ons known for video piracy. Our forum rules (wiki) and piracy policy (wiki) clearly state that we don't want anything to do with them. So don't use them and don't even mention them while visiting us.

Sorry, I didn't have enough knowledge about the rules and piracy policy about those kind of add-ons. I used that name only as an example to express the issue I had, while discussing on the related topic.  I'll pay attention about it hence-forwards.
(2022-02-28, 22:18)g.demir10 Wrote: Sorry, I didn't have enough knowledge about the rules and piracy policy about those kind of add-ons.

Unfortunately, plenty of newcomers to our forum somehow "forget" to read the forum rules, although everyone accepts them as part of their registration. So every now and then, we need to educate people. That's all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to access userdata folder on atv4 no jailbrake0