Win having trouble getting picture
Thumbs Down 
Please help! I have a fresh install of kodi 16.1 on windows 7 . I get a sound but no pictures on

My video addons or TV. I have shut off the video accelerator and cleared data and cache. These have.

Not helped. Anyone have any suggestions ? Please help ASAP . Miss my shows!
1- Why are you posting in a Mac OS X thread when you state you are using Win7?
2- What add-ons give you issues?
3- Does your system support DirectX 11?
4- Finally a debug log (wiki) needs to be uploaded to pastebin.com.
Sad 
Hello-

i am an pretty good kodi user and now i cannot get any picture (just sound) i trying resetting my computer which runs windows 7 . i did fresh installs of kodi -twice and still having problem. please help! i have completely restored my computer to factory settings and no luck
Still having the same trouble 5 months later?

I have merged this new thread with your 5 month old thread because you are still having the same issue. Perhaps if you responded to OTinley's questions and provided the information he asked for to be able to help you we might have got you up and running by now Smile
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
thanks for your help Dangelus! it has gotten worse! i am not capable of understanding the technology to fix problem. i am trying running kodi 16 -the latest stable release and i downloaded it off the kodi website. do i need to change any settings in kodi? otinley thanks for the suggestions but i dont know if my systems supports DirectX 11 or how to get a debug log .
You'll need to come up with that Log (wiki) Log file/Advanced (wiki), if you ever had Kodi Jarvis working properly, check my sig for a fresh start and go from there, most re-installs are not a clean install, and your issue will remain.
hey patk i did delete C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi and restarted kodi and still having problems. i figured out to go into debugging mode but i could not get the file to look at or upload to pastebin.
[Cut & Paste] With the Microsoft explorer go into C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi and locate the file kodi.log then load it up into your editor, then copy the contents complete, go the web site www.pastebin.com and paste the contents and confirm this page, copy the URL address at the top and place that with your next message.

BTW: C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi hope you used your user name.
hey patk i did delete C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi and restarted kodi and still having problems. i figured out to go into debugging mode but i could not get the file to look at or upload to pastebin.
hope this helps!

http://pastebin.com/51k3mNxz
Can you play a local video/movie file?

something to look at http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2364613
nope..same problem
please someone help!
I'll have to wonder if Kodi ever ran on this Supported hardware (wiki) if it did, would you know which iteration? At this point failing a proper debug log (wiki) I'd suggest using a legacy build of Isengard (Kodi 15.2) and see if the world turns?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
having trouble getting picture0