How to hide folders dynamically.
My original setup was a Windows PC running Sickbeard which dumped the shows to my network drive into it's corresponding folder.
I had a process that ran in the background and monitored the contents of these folders.
If they contained NO video files, the folder was be set to "hidden"
If they did, the hidden flag would be removed.

This would toggle whether they were visible in Kodi, and it really helped keep things clean.

I would like to do the same thing from my Linux box, but it seems the only way to hide a folder, is to append a "." to the name, which of course will break Sickbeard when it attempts to save the file.

Has anyone figured out how to do this?
Is there any other thing that Kodi checks to determine if it should display the folder or not?
I know on Ubuntu, Nautilus will hide directories if they contain a ".hidden" file... but i'm guessing this doesnt work in Kodi?
How are you accessing the files? Is it on the same machine, or over a network protocol like smb?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Aha http://kodi.wiki/view/Set_content_and_sc....2Ffolders
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Kodi is running on my FireTV. The media center it pulls from via SMB is a Windows box that I'd like to replace with Linux.
.nomedia ! Thank you!
(2016-10-22, 00:03)johneboy Wrote: Kodi is running on my FireTV. The media center it pulls from via SMB is a Windows box that I'd like to replace with Linux.

Of course you would! Good plan.

(2016-10-22, 00:05)johneboy Wrote: .nomedia ! Thank you!

Glad to help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to hide folders dynamically.0