Slow Kodi after changing network subnet (nfs MySQL Synology)
To facilitate a VPN I changed the subnet of my home network from 192.168.1.0/24 to 10.10.10.0/24. For the most part it actually went a bit smoother than I thought, but when I fired up Kodi I hit some (rather expected) bumps. I run a MySQL db on a Synology NAS with NFS and have the settings.xml file of my skin (Aeon Nox), the advancedsettings.xml, the library folder (for custom video nodes) and sources.xml all symlink'ed to Dropbox and made sure to change all the related references in there. But after firing it up I realized the path row of MySQL was still referring to the Nas's old IP address. So Kodi couldn't find any of my files. After some googling I cobbled together a command in PHPMyAdmin to find/replace all those references to the new, correct IP address and everything seems to open/play but it is incredibly slow. I witness upwards of 35-40 second pauses (where kodi is frozen) between clicking a video to play and it actually playing. Here's a Debug log:

pastebin.com/GtcycqUe

If I do a search for my old subnet (192.168.1) I get some responses (which is disconcerting). They all seem to be related to CTextureCacheJob:GetImageHash which I assume is some local cache? Is there something locally I should delete on all these clients to speed this all up? Is there something else anybody can think of that I forgot to update? My /etc/exports file is as follows:

Code:
/volume1/Video    *(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,all_squash,sec=sys,anonuid=1024,anongid=100)
/volume1/Web    *(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,all_squash,sec=sys,anonuid=1024,anongid=100)
/volume1/Photo    *(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,all_squash,sec=sys,anonuid=1024,anongid=100)
/volume1/Audio    *(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,all_squash,sec=sys,anonuid=1024,anongid=100)
/volume1/Print    *(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,all_squash,sec=sys,anonuid=1024,anongid=100)
/volume1/Games    *(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,all_squash,sec=sys,anonuid=1024,anongid=100)
/volume1/Temporary    *(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,all_squash,sec=sys,anonuid=1024,anongid=100)
Which i feel like is fine right?

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated...
Given what you've done, I'd be trying tools such as traceroute and ping to see whether some dns or other routing is working, but via an indirect path , so causing delays.
Derek
Nah - reverse the change - export the db to xml - change the ip in the xml - clear the kodi db - import xml into db.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
And make a backup of userdata and db beforehand...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thanks everyone for chiming in! But @Memphiz, wouldn't the "find/replace" SQL-fu I did in PHPMyAdmin have accomplished the same thing? As in, haven't I already done what exporting the xml and find/replacing would've done?

@dandnsmith that is an interesting suggestion...I changed the subnet as I concurrently switched my router to a new x86 box running pfsense. I don't know much of anything traceroute and pinging, do you have any more specific advice?
maybe it does the same maybe not - i am unsure because of all the thumbnail caching - thats why i consider a reimport better...t
And next time use the name not ip address, I mean dns has been round a while now.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-10-22, 21:15)seth.feinberg Wrote: @dandnsmith that is an interesting suggestion...I changed the subnet as I concurrently switched my router to a new x86 box running pfsense. I don't know much of anything traceroute and pinging, do you have any more specific advice?

Nothing more specific, as so much is dependent on context of installation.
I suggest looking at the relevant man pages, and then (possibly) searching for worked examples
Derek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow Kodi after changing network subnet (nfs MySQL Synology)0