v17 Buffermode 1 breaks music
Can someone try buffermode=1 in their advancedsettings and see if they can play music please? Has been this way for me for every 17.x build up to the latest nightly.

It will sometimes play a single track but then every track after gets the Playlist cant find next item to play error and the following in the log :

21:57:40 T:9940 ERROR: VideoPlayerCodec::Init: Error opening file musicdb://recentlyplayedalbums/4400/49547.mp3?albumid=4400
21:57:40 T:9940 ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file musicdb://recentlyplayedalbums/4400/49547.mp3?albumid=4400
21:57:40 T:9940 WARNING: PAPlayer::QueueNextFileEx - Failed to create the decoder
21:57:40 T:9940 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 1, path [musicdb://recentlyplayedalbums/4400/49547.mp3?albumid=4400]
21:57:40 T:9940 ERROR: CFileCache::Open - failed to open cache

doesnt matter if its via the library or directly playing files.
advancedsettings.xml (wiki) see 2.8.4 cache

<cache>
<memorysize> 104857600 </memorysize>
<buffermode> 1 </buffermode>
<readfactor> 3 </readfactor>
</cache>

Krypton B3 & B4 loaded up music without issues, queued music, playlist etc... How about a proper debug log posted to a public paste-bin and that URL linked back to this message.
K, there you go... http://pastebin.com/qYBXKarJ

that shows the base fault im talking about in a vanilla kodi install of the latest nightly. I can go back to any previous version and get the same issue so if you have a preferred version let me know and ill get on it.

That log is the playing of one file (i chose a napalm death album for the short track lengths so im not waiting, it happens with tracks of any length) and the rest being skipped. I played track 3 of 28, it quickly skips the rest of the tracks one at a time after that.

The fault shows in various ways and seems to be time related or possibly window resize/swapped related. Ill give you more logs when I get those bugs caught too. Doesnt happen at all without buffermode 1 as far as i can tell.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffermode 1 breaks music0