OS X Stream Music from iPhone to Mac?
The Usual Suspects:

Kodi 16.1
iOS 10.0.2
Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

Use Case: Stream Music from iPhone to Mac

I'm only interested in playing music off my 5s to my Mac mini. I don't care about video or pictures, but podcasts would be nice.

I've downloaded Kodi 16.1 and played with most of the controls and haven't been able to make anything happen, not even music from Mac to iPhone (which I don't care about). Just one thing– Music, iPhone > Mac mini.

As per another thread, I can get Kodi to appear as an Output selection by enabling then disabling Enable AirPlay in Settings. But nothing I do makes Kodi show up in the phone's Control Center > AirPlay. I've tried wading through threads and just get headaches and even more confused. It took me forever just to get Kodi out of the default Full Screen and down to a manageable size.

So my questions– Is it possible, with my listed gear, to play music from my iPhone to my mini? If so, what do I do?

-A Quiet Man
(Yes, 'Quite' was a Typo)
yes its working for me. There is a bug in jarvis that prevents the airtunes service in kodi to shutdown when disabling it in the settings.

1. Start Kodi
2. Start Airplay service in service settings
3. Disable video and picture support (ensure you have settings level switched to expert to see that setting)
4. Restart kodi (as restarting the service doesn't work in kodi 16.1)
5. Start the music app on your iphone
6. Start playing music
7. switch to the currently playing screen (by tapping the playing song at the bottom of the app)
8. there is the airplay indicator which should let you choose kodi as target.

The airplay indicator in the control center does not work in this scenario!
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream Music from iPhone to Mac?0