[Kodi 16.1] Seek/Skip Breaks After Minutes into Programs
I would appreciate any help and hints in either resolving the issue or working around the issue to achieve my objectives. I am fairly new at posting, so my apologies if I am doing anything wrong. I read the posting faqs and tried my best to follow directions.

Problem: The small seek forwards and backwards start going beserk around 10-20 minutes into a game I am watching. Instead of properly skipping forwards or backwards 10 or -10 seconds, it only skips forward for an amount of time of around 8 minutes.
Background: My purpose in using small seek is to skip between plays or pitches while watching sports.Thus I want to accelerate watching the replay of sports games, usually football, basketball, or baseball.
When this occurs: I subscribe to sports services such as NFL Rewind, mlbtv, and ESPN3/SECtv. ESPN3 is the only service that I know for sure has this problem all the time. And this happens with replays of any sports including football, basketball, and volleyball.
Current Setup; Windows 8.1
Dell Optiplex 9010 i5-3470, 8GB RAM
Kodi 16.1, April 24, 2016
ESPN3 Version 2.9.21
I use a Windows MCE remote control.
Kodi log file: https://paste.ubuntu.com/23321343/
Possible work arounds: I don't know my way around Kodi very well, but I am willing to learn. I changed the usetimeseeking from time based to percentage based to no avail. I suspect that the problem might be related to commercial breaks since the seeking works fine at the beginning of games. I know one "solution" is for me to video capture the game first, and then play the flv or mp4 file. This is definitely workable but with the drawbacks that I have to pre-record a game before watching it, and also the video capturing process degrades the quality a bit. I've also tried fast forwarding instead of skipping, but Kodi often hangs if I fast forward too much. Again any comments or advice is greatly appreciated.
This question is best handled in the PVR or Live TV section, this is really not a fault of windows or the windows version of Kodi specifically, although you are launching it on a windows platform.
Quote:I know one "solution" is for me to video capture the game first, and then play the flv or mp4 file.
That's what I would recommend, most add-ons and PVR/Live TV are going to have issues jumping into random spots in the broadcast stream that are beyond the local cache and either want to quit or fresh start. It's likely there is going to be tons of development work in this area in the future.

[Edit Thread moved to PVR & Live TV Support]
Thank you for suggesting for me to look at the cache. So I played around with different values of the buffer settings in my advanced settings, e.g. buffermode, cachemembuffersize, and readbufferfactor. I tried different buffer sizes, including hard drive caching, and different buffer reading speeds. I used easy advanced settings to make sure that the advanced settings is being changed and read. But the problems still remain the same. Since I am fairly new to Kodi, could someone give me some advice on how to go about troubleshooting? I don't even know where to start. Do I try to search for certain keywords in my kodi.log to try to identify if it's a cache issue? If so what keywords? Are there certain Kodi faqs that I should read? I've read several post on networking and caching, but it only mentions playing around with the buffer settings in advanced settings, which I've already tried. Are there any tutorials on how Kodi implements time seeking? So when I search for information on time seeking, what pops up is information on how to set the time seek values. How do I find out how to debug problems with seek/skip step? Any pointers is greatly appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Kodi 16.1] Seek/Skip Breaks After Minutes into Programs0