Mixing English and French movies?
Hi,

Is it possible to mix English and French movies in the same menu?

So far I have ''Movies'' which contains all English movies and gives me a quick access to them. But if I want to watch a french movie I have to navigate through the video files menu.

I am using Confluence skin and last version of Jarvis.

Thanks a lot.
Have you tried simply changing the language of the scraper from EN to FR and re-scraping?

It shouldn't care about what's already in the library; if it asks to remove anything when you change the setting, just say no (évidemment Smile ) and then carry on. Probably worth taking a backup of your library first, of course.
All Foreign movies I have scrape fine with tmdb.

Give us an example of the COMPLETE path and filename of a file that doesn't scrape into the library.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks guys.

I realize I was unclear.

They are all scrapped (somewhere), for example if I check in ''Movies_Countries_France'', they are all here.
But the main issue I have is differentiating English and French movies on the home menu.

So my question really is : how can I have a menu or sub-menu quickly accessible from the home screen to reach the French movies?

For example on my hard drive there is a folder French and a folder English and under each I have sub-folders for Action, Drama, Comedy....That's what I am aiming at on Kodi.
A smart playlist, or a video node would be the way to go.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-10-24, 23:31)[email protected] Wrote: For example on my hard drive there is a folder French and a folder English and under each I have sub-folders for Action, Drama, Comedy....That's what I am aiming at on Kodi.
That would be hard to do in confluence without editing the skin. I have a similar setup to that in xonfluence - smart playlists / video nodes as nickr suggested - with links to each on the home screen. If you want custom home items the default skins don't really support that (although there is scope for custom submenus in confluence now).
I have 80% English and 20% French movie, for me what works good is having English and French in separate directory.
Then you need to use Change content, and select Settings (bottom left), then change Preferred Language accordingly.

The added value to this method is having appropriate English synopsis for English movies and French synopsis for French movies...
Which is OK if you read French (it's a long time since I studied French in school!). All my synopses are in English.
(2016-10-24, 23:31)[email protected] Wrote: For example on my hard drive there is a folder French and a folder English and under each I have sub-folders for Action, Drama, Comedy....That's what I am aiming at on Kodi.

I'm not sure your genre sub-folders are desirable, as Kodi already provide genres sorting. Not to mention the headaches of multi-genre movies.
As per the Kodi bible: http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies

In your case with French and English, it could look like this:

\Movies\Avatar (2009)\Avatar (2009).mkv

\Films\À la folie... pas du tout (2002)\À la folie... pas du tout (2002).mp4
(2016-10-24, 23:31)[email protected] Wrote: But the main issue I have is differentiating English and French movies on the home menu.

So my question really is : how can I have a menu or sub-menu quickly accessible from the home screen to reach the French movies?

On my setup if I hit Movies, English and French are mixed together, but if they're sorted by Media Info, their titles + French or English synopsis makes quick work of differentiating the language.

Suppose you're in the mood for French Comedy, from home ribbon, under Movies, hit Genre; you will notice you get both Comedy (English) and Comédie (French).
Works for most genres except those few that spells the same way in both languages (Action, Animation, Romance, Western)

If you strictly want to look at French only movies, from Home menu, you hit Videos, then pick a French source.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mixing English and French movies?0