How to manage lists for several people ? Tags ?
Hello all,

I'm so happy to have Kodi at home, everything's fine, it's perfect.

I've just got a silly (newbie) question : I would like to "mark" movies that I consider to watch with all my family (children), other movies I would like to see by myself (because my wife doesn't want...) and so.

Some playlists, in fact, but no smart playlist (as I can't find any criteria, except what I choose). Manual playlists.

How are you doing this ? What's the best way to do that ?

I thought I found a solution with tags (http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_library_tags), but it's so difficult to manage the movies we want to add to a tag : the list show only titles, without any informations, and I don't know how to change the view (it doesn't depend on the skin, or I missed one with a beautiful list to cadd movies to tags). And, unfortunately, we can't add a movie to a tag when we are on the library or file list, with the context menu : a "add to tag" menu is missing.

Could you help me please ?

thank you !
olivaar Wrote:i created a new addon for the new tagging system in frodo for movies, tvshows and music videos.
for me, the actual dialog are not sufficient, so i add these in this addon
my personal workflow to tag movies is, to tag these directly from the directory or during playing.
olivaar Wrote:now you can go to any movie-directory in xbmc, select a movie and press f8 (or the key you defined) for direct tagging or
without selecting a movie (in the main menu for example) press f8 for the tagging overview with some more functions.

Release - New Addon Tag overview

this could be interesting for you
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
Dear zerocool_ie,

thank you very much for your help and advice !

It's exactly what i'm looking for. unfortunately, i'm using a shared MySQL database, and my different devices are running Krypton version.

What a shame Kodi don't include the way to do that. Tags are so useful for a family usage !

Thank you anyway.
Are you using NFO_files (wiki) or just the Kodi database?

With NFOs, you could use external software like Ember Media Manager (great software) to manage tags
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
unfortunately, I'm using MySQL shared database, as I have several Kodi players.
me too. I use Ember to create and modify the NFOs, then Kodi scans the NFOs into MySQL
Oh, interesting ! How are you doing the "Kodi scans the NFOs into MySQL" ? It "reads" the NFOs and populates the MySQL database for other kodis ?

But... Ember is available on Mac ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to manage lists for several people ? Tags ?0