OS X opening Kodi on my mac mini
I absolutely agree that using your command string will be more secure, so, I reentered your command line that you provided (spctl --add --label "Kodi" /Applications/Kodi.app) in the command line and it asked for my pwd and then advised that the process had been completed. I then attempted to open Kodi apps and got the same message where it advises that the that app is damaged etc. etc. What I will try next now that we have the input accepted is to download that app once again and try to open it.
so I have moved the earlier version of Kodi to the trash bin and emptied the bin. I downloaded the app from one of the mirror sites and attempted to open the app but got that message once again. I reentered the modifying command string you provided and it again asked from my pwd and it was accepted and the process was completed. however the app would not open. I checked the settings in security and they had not changed. I appreciate your patience as this is getting a little frustrating, any other ideas will be appreciated.
The issue is that you need a second command to enable the Kodi label that you have applied which is:

Code:
spctl --enable --label "Kodi"

Taken from http://www.theinstructional.com/guides/g...als-part-2
Hello Folks, thank you for all of your help in getting this straightened out. After I loaded the three command strings xctr and 2 spctl I have been able to get Kodi working on my mac mini. This has been quite a learning process and I really appreciate you patience and good advice. I will be sure to make a donation as part of my thank you. All the best Robeth
Thx @TimFletcher i try to find the time to update the wiki with the instructions here:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kod...Gatekeeper

In case some of you want to beat me at it - feel free to do so and comment here (wiki can be changed by anyone who has an account - forum account should work).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Forum and wiki accounts are separate
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
*narf*
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
opening Kodi on my mac mini0