Can up arrow be programmed to skip forward certain minutes?
The default is 10. Can I change it to a different value?

Thanks
Settings > player settings > videos > skip steps

You can adjust the skipping values there. For more details see the wiki - skip steps (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-10-24, 10:44)DarrenHill Wrote: Settings > player settings > videos > skip steps

You can adjust the skipping values there. For more details see the wiki - skip steps (wiki).

Skip steps is LEFT RIGHT arrow. There is a another setting for that but can't recall where any more. Might be in keyboard.xml or advancedsettings.xml
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
The only ones I can see are in advancedsettings.xml (wiki) for

Code:
<timeseekforwardbig>600</timeseekforwardbig>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek.  Defaults to 600 (10 minutes). -->
  <timeseekbackwardbig>-600</timeseekbackwardbig>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek.  Defaults to -600 (10 minutes). -->

But I think that may also be linked to left/right rather than up/down. The keyboard.xml (wiki) page also links to the same skip step page I mentioned before.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I think Martijn was referring to this http://kodi.wiki/view/skip_steps#Adding_..._to_keymap
What is the solution? Thanks
How about reading the provided links
I have read but did not find reference to the up arrow. Would you mind showing the details?
(2016-10-24, 12:21)DarrenHill Wrote: The only ones I can see are in advancedsettings.xml (wiki) for

Code:
<timeseekforwardbig>600</timeseekforwardbig>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek.  Defaults to 600 (10 minutes). -->
  <timeseekbackwardbig>-600</timeseekbackwardbig>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek.  Defaults to -600 (10 minutes). -->

But I think that may also be linked to left/right rather than up/down. The keyboard.xml (wiki) page also links to the same skip step page I mentioned before.

<timeseekforwardbig> does not appear to have any impact on up arrow. Not sure how to play with keyboard.xml.
there is also this one
ChapterOrBigStepForward
Go to to next chapter in video. If no chapters, then step forward 10 minutes in video. (v13 Gotham addition)

ChapterOrBigStepBack
Go to previous chapter in video, If no chapters, then step back 10 minutes in video. (v13 Gotham addition)

BigStepForward Step forward 10 minutes in video.
BigStepBack Step back 10 minutes in video.

So that is prob related to Direction up an Down keys on Remote

my RC works in that way by default
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
I see. Any way to change the default 10 min?
Try and search for the commands in the advanced or keyboard.xml if it says 10 mins you can prob change it if not then i think your out of luck
but read the links Darren posted, easy reading and to understand, i do not need it myself so have not looked for the commands in any of the xml files
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Banned add-ons
The command is in the remote.xml nothing to change there, but you could prob add the command to the advanced.xml like Darren's post shows and then define the jump.
But i am making a guess based upon other programs, so i could and prob are wrong
Banned add-ons
AFAICT, big steps are hardcoded as a fraction of the duration of the video, with a maximum of 10 minutes.
This is empirical, though, never checked the code...
(2016-10-26, 04:27)cheerful Wrote:
(2016-10-24, 12:21)DarrenHill Wrote: The only ones I can see are in advancedsettings.xml (wiki) for

Code:

<timeseekforwardbig> does not appear to have any impact on up arrow. Not sure how to play with keyboard.xml.

First of all apologies, it appeared to me you hadn't read the provided links.

Secondly it's my belief that what Darren posted is what you're after however if you find the timeseekforwardbig entry on the wiki page and go up slightly there is a usetimeseeking setting that needs to be set to true.

If it's still not then copy your advancedsettings.xml to pastebin.com and provide the link here and in addition enable debugging to get a log_file (wiki) so it can be verified the advancedsettings.xml is being loaded.

If I have some free time later I'll also try and confirm what's possible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can up arrow be programmed to skip forward certain minutes?0