Linux DHCP Server on Libreelec 8
Question: Is it possible to run a DHCP server on LE 8?

The background is I would like to have between the local TVH and the SAT-IP Server its own network, because I always have disturbances in the TV-Stream.

My idea:

Anybody some Idea how can i do this?
you need 2 NICs in your NUC for that. Afaik LE doesn't provide a dhcp server, but I'd just use static IPs instead.
Thanks for your answer, a second Nic i have (USB Linksys Gig)

You mean I can give the second Nic a fixe IP (192.168.2.100), which IP gets then the Ocotpus Net, which refers to the IP always via DHCP and has no manual input to set a fixe IP.
I all else fails, add a RasPi and a hub to the 192.168.2.* network that runs the server. Not terribly efficient, but it will show you if this helps to remove the disturbances. How do these disturbances show?
Then I can also simply switch to Windows 10 a DHCP server install and DVB viewer use, only I wanted to stay with TVH.

As soon as I transport in the network data, then these errors arise in the TV stream, so permanently, as soon as someone for example a movie via network (smb / nfs) looks.
The problem is to get something like "dnsmasq" installed and running under LibreElec. Not really a problem, but *I* do not know how to install that. A quick google did not show anything really useful. If you can run TVH on a more-standard Linux distro instead of LE, then your solution is just an "apt-get install dnsmasq" and 3 minutes configuration away (tell dnsmaq to only listen on the 192.168.2.* network).
(2016-10-25, 13:04)thd042 Wrote: The problem is to get something like "dnsmasq" installed and running under LibreElec. Not really a problem, but *I* do not know how to install that. A quick google did not show anything really useful. If you can run TVH on a more-standard Linux distro instead of LE, then your solution is just an "apt-get install dnsmasq" and 3 minutes configuration away (tell dnsmaq to only listen on the 192.168.2.* network).

Thats a Idea, i think thats the only way to have. Is Lubuntu okay?
Libreelec has docker support, you can probably run Dnsmasq inside docker.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@nickr

Thank you for your input, Docker I have installed (is for a Linux beginners doable), unfortunately I have zero idea of Docker or DNSmasq as I firstly now via Docker DNSmasq install and secondly what I then have to adjust, so from the Nuc from a network To the router and the second network to my Sat-IP Sever (Octopus Net)

I hope for your help
There are plenty of online guides for dnsmasq, google is your friend.

If I get a chance this weekend I may have a play with dnsmasq in docker, as I have not used docker much myself.

You may also get more libreelec/dnsmasq focussed help on the libreelec forums.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Sometimes a different thought, is not easy to build a second network with an additional router

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DHCP Server on Libreelec 80