As good as bluray?
I am considering buying a Jarvis Mach 10 64bit box, - I have never had Kodi before.

I do use Netflix, but I'm not overly happy with the quality, I try and watch stuff on blurway wherever possible and have found that streaming "HD" is pretty awful, both sound and picture.

HD channels through my Virgin Tivo box are okay..

How does the video and sound of HD channels, movies, etc, compare, to blurway quality on a Mach 10 Kodi box?

My broadband speed is 'up to' 80 mb afaicr

Many thanks for any help Smile
Quote:IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.

https://kodi.tv/about/

in short if your are a audio/videophile pirated content is not for you.
The quality on Netflix is dependant on what service you have paid for and the quality of the network inside your house. I have 76Mbps fibre broadband but the speed on Wifi is around half that. Which is why if you intend to do any streaming you need to be using an ethernet connection to make the best of your broadband connection. Also if you are using pirated streams then it comes down to you put crap in you can only expect crap out.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2016-10-24, 16:10)drab Wrote: I am considering buying a Jarvis Mach 10 64bit box, - I have never had Kodi before.

I do use Netflix, but I'm not overly happy with the quality, I try and watch stuff on blurway wherever possible and have found that streaming "HD" is pretty awful, both sound and picture.

HD channels through my Virgin Tivo box are okay..

How does the video and sound of HD channels, movies, etc, compare, to blurway quality on a Mach 10 Kodi box?

My broadband speed is 'up to' 80 mb afaicr

Many thanks for any help Smile

If you rip your own legally purchased blu-rays without compression then Kodi will play it back looking just as good as the original. It's what Kodi does best.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Short answer is that nothing on the market currently beats Bluray when it comes to quality. Even 4K Netflix is sometimes bested by the same show on 1080p Bluray.
Many thanks for the helpful replies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
As good as bluray?0