advancedsettings.xml apply to live stream?
I am newbie to Kodi. I mostly watch live sports in Kodi using PC, Win7.

I been reading about advancedsettings.xml and how it can help reduce buffering.
Buffer Mode – what we will cache, Read Buffer Factor – how fast to read, Cache Mem Buffer Size – how big to set the buffer

Is it true that these setting only applies to Video On Demand like movies or tv shows pre recorded? and not LIVE tv streams like live sports or live shows?

In fact is it true that for LIVE streaming sports/shows NOTHING can be done on Kodi to reduce buffering?
There must be millions of solutions (actually About 16,300,000 results from Google) that claim they work. With that said, I don't have the time to investigate, but perhaps you do? Advanced setting will help if the issue is a local cache HOW-TO:Modify the video cache (wiki) or network or both (and none of course). Sometimes the add-on itself may have it's own internal cache (and some also have clearing too) but in the main, I've not had a lot of issue with add-on that are vetted in the official repository. Most of these issues are coming from unofficial add-ons that not only don't play be the rules, but are connecting to private/pirate servers that are either -rebroadcasting through other servers, or some file dump storage system which might even include real-time archiving techniques. The loaded box unit that you saw in the mall/market demonstration is using local saved files, and in no way a representative of what you take home, for too much money.

As stated in your inquiry: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=294750

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
advancedsettings.xml apply to live stream?0