Live sports buffering
I watch iptv live sports on Kodi thru Win 7 PC.

Sometimes when live sports stream is buffering in Kodi (cache goes to 50% or less to 0% in codec information), I reboot PC then no more buffering, cache goes to 99% fast.

Can somebody explain why rebooting PC helps with reducing buffering?
I suppose windows is not dumping it's cache well. Might be a good idea to pick up process explorer https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi...lorer.aspx it's a free program, that when run, cleans up memory fragmentation and will show what processes are using what etc. This may save you a reboot just by running the program and you might want to change some of windows various cache sizes to suit earlier flushing.

Your stream issue may not be related to the reboot, other than to re-establish a connection with the host with few hops, or an alternate routing. I've seen video from the other side of the world stream flawless in HD, while a local SD video buffers to death and in a lot of cases it's factors outside of your control that will determine what the flow is going to be like.

Using speed checks (speedtest.net) at various times of the date with various loads is a good indicator of local bandwidth, but once you get into multiple host, dns servers, vpn, and oversea trunk lines you're into serious delays. Put it this way if video services like Skype have issues with streams from war torn countries, you'll likely not do better.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live sports buffering0