Looking for Kodi folder in %appdata%
Thread moved to the Windows section.

As @Martijn said, is this a normal install or one from the windows store?

If the latter it should be at

C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi

Where {user} is your currently logged in username.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Looking from the description it's indeed just the desktop installer and not the UWP one
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-10-25, 21:12)DarrenHill Wrote: Thread moved to the Windows section.

As @Martijn said, is this a normal install or one from the windows store?

If the latter it should be at

C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi

Where {user} is your currently logged in username.

The windows store.

It won't let me get farther than C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache

Nevermind, found it, had to run first. Thanks.
It's the Userdata directory you are after, what do you get if you search for that?
(2016-10-25, 21:06)OmnislashVer36 Wrote: Hidden files is enabled. Kodi has been uninstalled and reinstalled. Still no Kodi folder in %appdata%

Kodi works though for some reason. It's installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi

Perhaps it doesn't recognize my system as 64-Bit? Windows Pro 64 is installed correctly though.

I also have a Kodi folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi, I am guessing this is Kodi the 'Program' and it's data files and my other Kodi folder in user folder is where my Kodi settings are stored, including the userdata file you are looking for.

Having run Kodi do a search in your user folder for the Kodi folder.
Yes, the program files folder is the executable itself.

But due to Windows "security" that folder is read-only for any user without admin privs, and as Kodi is designed not to require them (and indeed shouldn't be run with them) the data etc is written to the other folder which is in a read/write area specific for that user (hence different users on the Windows set-up can all use the same Kodi executable with their own configurations).

Note that this is entirely normal and standard Windows practice for software.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for Kodi folder in %appdata%0