issue and feature?
Got one issue playing back recorded TV shows on a PI3. 99.9% of the time all is well - select show from the list and select - bit of a delay and the playback starts. once in a while however something weird happens - a line at the bottom of the screen shows time elapsed and show title but no video or sound is displayed/emitted. Counter keeps on running as if playback is happening but nothing to see/hear. Noticed that the counter doesn't respond to skip/rew or anything.
Weirdest thing is that playback is fine on a windows installation running kodi/WMC pvr. even stranger is that when I start on Windows and stop after a while the PI3 will show a resume/restart dialog and when I resume it plays fine...

On the feature side - I was under the impression that the resume point is stored on the WMC itself so playback will show resume both from WMC playback and Kodi playback. Seems that resume works between Kodi clients and between WMC and its extenders but not between the two platforms. Was that a feature and therefore I see a bug or am I dreaming??

last bit - I'm using TsubGet, launched by ServerMCE, to extract subtitles so a Kodi client can display them (Yes, in Australia...). Works fine but of course when I delete a show the .SRT file stays behind... I'm looking for a way to clean that up automagically - delete any .SRT that doesn't have a matching .WTV file. Anyone got an idea on how to do that - even if it is a weekly housekeeping script??

Keep up the good work!!

thnx

Dennis
I don't know what the first problem is due to, but I doubt its a serverwmc problem. Maybe try changing the video playing settings in kodi on the pi. In particular experiment with turning on/off hardware acceleration.

We do store the restore point in the wmc database so that all of the serverwmc clients get the same resume point. However we don't use the stored value as wmc. I can't recall if I every tried to find where wmc stores the resume point. I'll add it to the todo list and see if its possible.

sbthomas already added that bit of automagic. See the recordings tab in serverwmc toward the bottom.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Correct, if you add srt to the list of file extensions and check the box ServerWMC should delete the file when the recording is deleted through Kodi.
yep - that works fine for deletes initiated from Kodi - but those initiated from the WMC GUI or those deleted by max number of recordings being reached do not adhere to this one as far as I know??

thnx
it's like it cannot, at playback, determine file format and therefore cannot launch the correct codec. Must be something at the start of the file as during resume it works fine. Well, guess I use that as workaround...

thnx

p.s. restart shared between Kodi and WMC would be awsome and help WAF - she refuses to surrender the MCE gui just because of the ease of scheduling recordings...
I took at look at sharing the resume point with wmc. It was very easy to implement and seems to work. Look for it in the next preview release (which will out very soon).
Brilliant! Thanks for that - with that and subtitles all that is left is a better gui experience in Kodi itself for scheduling recordings. Things like Movie guide are just nice features that unfortunately are implemented in MCE itself. In Kodi that could be realised through a couple of filters and views on the Guide screen??

thnx again!!
I release it today (preview version 1240).
As far as removing the srt file, I think it should work when the files are deleted through WMC either explicitly or by max number of recordings. I was able to test deleting a file in WMC and it removed the metadata files. Not sure how the expired recordings would work. As long as ServerWMC is running, it will watch all WMC folders for file deletion. Even if you manually delete a wtv file via explorer, you will notice the srt file will disappear as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
issue and feature?0