Linux Audio Sync Issue with HDTV Recordings
Hello,

I have searched all over for an answer to this, and tried everything I have found, but still have had no luck. I am running Kodi 16.1 Jarvis as a front end for MythTV backend on a Zotac Zbox running Mythbuntu 16.04. My system is connected via HDMI to a Pansonic TV.

The issue is that when watching an HD recording, the audio slowly drifts out of sync, the recording will start in sync, but after a few minutes the audio is ahead of the video by several seconds (if I try adjusting the audio sync manual in the settings, it will again just drift out of sync after the adjustment). This behavior does not happen in any other media application I have tried, so I assume it is an issue with the settings within Kodi, but I have had no luck so far fixing it. Further, when I use the MythTV front end, there are no audio sync issues. Additionally, when watching SD recordings, the audio stays in sync for both the Kodi and MythTV front ends. Perhaps it is a hardware problem? Any advice anyone has to offer would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
I would start with a Debug Log as first advice.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Well, nevermind that, I fixed it. I think the changes I was making were not taking effect since I did not restart Kodi, when I installed the Log File Uploader and restarted Kodi, it is performing fine now.

For anyone else with this problem, Settings/Video/Playback toggling "Sync playback to display" to on solved the issue, and I guess restarting Kodi after making the change.

Sorry for the trouble.
The change is instant, so the restart is not related to that setting.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Sync Issue with HDTV Recordings0