Win Kodi 17 - 5.1 audio optical SPDIF passthrough DTS audio not working
(2017-04-08, 21:12)Roachmojo Wrote:
(2017-04-07, 15:51)tomakas123 Wrote: I can confirm too that spdif passthrouth DTS not working, the receiver reconects to Dolby DD, not DTS, all over players works fine and receiver auto reconects to DTS.

I also cannot get DTS pass-through to work. Kodi 17, and I do have android build 23 (Marshmallow) on my Sony 940D. DD works just fine. I'm connected via NFS to the NAS and the TV is connected to the receiver via HDMI.
This thread is about SPDIF. Please start another thread, and when you do, post a debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
This thread is also in the Windows support section so is not the appropriate place to post about issues on Android either.
Same behavior for me since Kodi 17 & 17.1.... no more DTS audio by spdif with my Android TV Beelink GT1 AMLOGIC S912
It worked well on Jarvis with same setup. I don't understand everything, so I don't know if there is a solution or if I must be patient Smile
I will say again, but perhaps I need to shout:

Can Android users please not post here this is a post within the Windows forum, please post any Android related audio problems to the Android forum at http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164
i have the exact same issue. with 17.1 and 17.3. with my windows 10 HTPC, so downgraded to jarvis which works just fine.

as we are several in this situation, we should report a bug, shouldn't we ? how to report a bug l? I never did it before
Look at the top of the page, see where it says "bugtracker".
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-06-21, 11:21)patafrom Wrote: i have the exact same issue. with 17.1 and 17.3. with my windows 10 HTPC, so downgraded to jarvis which works just fine.

as we are several in this situation, we should report a bug, shouldn't we ? how to report a bug l? I never did it before

There is no verified bug reported on this thread mostly a load of misguided Android users who don't understand that their devices have crap firmware that doesn't support DTS.

I suggest you describe your issue clearly including a screenshot of your audio settings and a debug log_file (wiki) with you playing something that issue giving you problems.
I found a setting that prevented the passthrough. Check this, it helped at least for me:
Settings/Player/Videos -> Sync playback to display -> OFF
(2017-06-26, 19:38)Bmn2016 Wrote: I found a setting that prevented the passthrough. Check this, it helped at least for me:
Settings/Player/Videos -> Sync playback to display -> OFF

Sorry for the delay, My PC was down for a while. Now I am back to kodi to kodi 17.3 .

I tested your suggestions, and it works ! The last test I need to do is watching a full movie to check sound and video are still synced properly

thanks for your inupt.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 - 5.1 audio optical SPDIF passthrough DTS audio not working2