Solved Clean Install, posible to backup login info?
I have some problems with leftovers in the settings files for my skin.
See link: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=294888

So instead of going through my settings file or GUI, i will do a Clean Install.
1. Is it possible to backup the login info for youtube, its a pain each time to login and having to activate,
sometimes it just goes in circle, or is the HASH code or what ever you call it bound to the kodi install.
I am thinking about,
most know by now how Windows 10 activation works a Machine code was generated during upgrade or if you bought it from your hardware and the Media you used to install with, lets stop there to complicated to get it to and off topic

2. When i have done the Clean install can i when ever trying out new addons make a copy of the settings file for my skin, if i make a mess, simply copy the settings file over the old one.
Or is the information stored somewhere else then the %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\kodi\ folder to.
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
The youtube user data settings is contained here C:\Users\kimkl\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube

Quote:when ever trying out new addons make a copy of the settings file for my skin, if i make a mess, simply copy the settings file over the old one.
Sometimes Smile The sticker here is what kind of mess are you making? Utilizing most of the add-on in the official repository should not get you into trouble, but UN-official/beta software without controls can install or overlay Kodi code or libraries and then things don't work properly you delete it, but the uninstall doesn't always take overlays or libraries back and replace it with the correct versions.

Suggestion: If you want to play around, install a portable version of Kodi to a USB stick.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable_mode

https://kodi.tv/warning-be-aware-what-ad...u-install/
With mess i mean have a bad tendency to edit the Xml files in notepad++ and then at some point i would delete the folder but not change the XML, i could go on.
But that's a long story, so lets not go there, and i am talking about the "legal" stuff.
I do not use No No's, i use Mr. Visa my bank have a special nm lets move on

And yes Dave "trogggy" helped me out in that department.with the "portal kodi"

Thank you for your reply PatK
Was to the point and what i was after
Thank You
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
That is a great idea.. thanks.. [WHITE SMILING FACE]️

°Glass<^>Rain°
Dark Cypher

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean Install, posible to backup login info?0