Win Latest Windows Store Edition (Beta 4) Bad News!
My laptop just updated to beta 4 (Windows Store Edition) and Latest Mimic18 from Git will not install.

19:58:44 T:1260 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\temp\e443c8d0-c5d2-4b16-b73c-829ec89a672d\1080i
19:58:44 T:1260 ERROR: Failed to unpack archive 'zip://C%3A%5CUsers%5Clenovo%5CDownloads%5Cskin.mimic-kodi18.zip/skin.mimic-kodi18/' to 'C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\temp\e443c8d0-c5d2-4b16-b73c-829ec89a672d'

Also PVR functionality is now broken (NextPVR)
I thought Krypton was ver 17 not 18 might be different because is using the store
perhaps someone else will shed some light on that

you can always download by using the site download function

Regards

Raps
On the main page of Kodi, in the beta 4 release it says Bugs kodi can crash when trying to update skin,
something like that might take a look and see

found it for you
Known problems

• Upgrading the skin you are currently using fails on Windows.
• Possible video freezes on Raspberry Pi and Android.
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
I understood there is a beta 5 available that doesn't have these issues
(2016-10-26, 08:55)Plantje Wrote: I understood there is a beta 5 available that doesn't have these issues

Latest nightly (Beta 5) seems to have fixed my PVR issues (NextPVR).
"Upgrading the skin you are currently using fails on Windows" still exists.
Thanks for confirming that. After posting it I noticed there is no beta 5; one must use a nightly build. Can you mention which nightly build you have used? That way people in a few days from now can still download that specific nightly build.
(2016-10-26, 11:47)Plantje Wrote: Thanks for confirming that. After posting it I noticed there is no beta 5; one must use a nightly build. Can you mention which nightly build you have used? That way people in a few days from now can still download that specific nightly build.

KodiSetup-20161026-9a7fc35-master.exe
Well, it works until I restated kodi. Everytime I restart Kodi, I have to re-enable NextPVR, it hangs, I force close and re-start it works until I exit Kodi. To get it working again I have to repeat.

UPDATE: After about the 4th Kodi restart, NextPVR will NOT restart again.
Hmmm okay...definitely beta software!
(2016-10-26, 12:04)Plantje Wrote: Hmmm okay...definitely beta software!

Laugh yep, and that's fine. I understand using beta software this can happen, no biggie. But, I just hate that beta 4 went to the Windows store broken. It's not as easily rolled back. I just wished beta 4 stopped with the 10/22 nightly then most people would be fine.
(2016-10-26, 04:06)kimkl Wrote: On the main page of Kodi, in the beta 4 release it says Bugs kodi can crash when trying to update skin,
something like that might take a look and see

found it for you
Known problems

• Upgrading the skin you are currently using fails on Windows.
• Possible video freezes on Raspberry Pi and Android.

(2016-10-26, 08:55)Plantje Wrote: I understood there is a beta 5 available that doesn't have these issues

(2016-10-26, 11:40)tteckster Wrote:

Latest nightly (Beta 5) seems to have fixed my PVR issues (NextPVR).
"Upgrading the skin you are currently using fails on Windows" still exists.

afaik there was nothing fixed. So it would be very strange it "suddenly" started working.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest Windows Store Edition (Beta 4) Bad News!0