MCERemote help/install
Ive followed the Wiki.... File doesnt exist in kodi.tv or in xbmc.org (as per the wiki)

(it says it is in settings-addons-install from repo-kodi add on repo-program addons....

I was able to find the ZIP in Super repo (via the web) and Downloaded the MCERemote zip and tried to install by ZIP off the SD card and it fails...

This is on a Rasp Pi 3, and Kodi 16 Jarvis.

If someone can point me in the right direction or a location I can get a ZIP from that will install id really appreciate it ! thanks in advance.
Beware of "Super Repo", as it is a banned add-on (wiki) due to what else it contains.

In this case what you want/got from it is benign, but I'd urge you to uninstall the repo as soon as you can (plus you will get no support here whilst it is in place). The MCE add-on itself won't be affected, although it won't auto-update should one become available.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I know SR isnt supported here I had found MCRE there via web and DL's the MCRE*.zip, didnt work, I cant find the official MCRE*.zip anywhere and the wiki says its on kodi.tv/xbmc.org so I assed BOTH of them and searched kodi.tv and not there anywhere ;( I have this Pi on a older tv that doesnt do CEC so I gotta use a REMOTE (that I have and the IR sensor) or a mouse (which im trying not to use...)...
What sensor do you have? If you mean GPIO then you are barking up the wrong tree. Just uncomment "dtoverlay=lirc-rpi" in config.txt. Most remotes will work out of the box.

If you remote has a USB sensor it should be plug n' play.
Mine is I guess a microsoft remote ? (kinda credit card remote) really thin but not a Cheapie thin with film buttons)... and it has like that IDE conector plugged into the pins on the Pi does that help ? Smile
Hello
My Kodi raspberry is connected to Internet and my phone as well but I am not able to access my remote through my phone. If some one could please help me out.
Thanks in advance
(2016-10-27, 00:13)transam98 Wrote: Mine is I guess a microsoft remote ? (kinda credit card remote) really thin but not a Cheapie thin with film buttons)... and it has like that IDE conector plugged into the pins on the Pi does that help ? Smile

That is a GPIO receiver.
(2016-10-27, 15:31)Shiv99099 Wrote: Hello
My Kodi raspberry is connected to Internet and my phone as well but I am not able to access my remote through my phone. If some one could please help me out.
Thanks in advance

Kind of the wrong place to ask, but the phone has to be connected to the same router as the Kodi machine. Unless you are trying from a remote location, then you need to use port forwarding etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCERemote help/install0