How do I enable the "Launch" addon button
Hi everyone !

1. I am writing a Digital Picture Frame (DPF) add-on and for the life of me I can't find documentation about how to enable the "Launch" button from the configuration screen. I literally spent hours trying to find the answer to this and I finally gave up.

2. How do I access/modify other add-on's settings from my add-on. For example my add-on is using the picture add-on and I would like to modify some of picture add-on's settings from mine.

Thanks a lot.
1. what type of addon are you creating (script, service, plugin,..?)

2. you don't ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks ronie for your quick reply !

1. The addon is a service. After you install the addon it is not configured yet so it's not going to run.
The idea is that you go to the configuration page and configure the folder from where you want to pick the photos and videos. Then you should be able to click "Launch" to kick it off.
Now, you can just restart Kodi in order to get your service started after you configured it but I thought it's more elegant to be able to click "Launch".

Here is another question related to the addon:

3. I am using the following statement to get the slideshow running: 'xbmc.executebuiltin("SlideShow({0},recursive,random)".format(SLIDESHOW_LOCATION))'.
Is there a way to tell this Picture/Video slideshow plugin to refresh it's file list at given intervals ? I would like to be able to add/delete files to the folder hierarchy and instruct this plugin to pick up the new items.

As always, your time and effort is appreciated.
(2016-10-26, 18:47)rumberobueno Wrote: 1. The addon is a service. After you install the addon it is not configured yet so it's not going to run.

services are automatically started after you install it.
so you have to make sure it runs even if it is not configured yet.

you can use the xbmc.Monitor class to listen for onSettingsChanged() notifications,
this method will be called after a user configures your addon.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks ronie !

I'll take a look at the monitor class.

Is there a way to refresh the file list for the built in picture addon while the slideshow is going on (see question #3 above) ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I enable the "Launch" addon button0