v16 Captcha Keyboard on TV screen
When I have to enter a captcha the keyboard is stuck on caps and does not seem to allow me to change to lower case with the double up arrow button.
Therefore cannot enter the captcha if there are any small case.
Any thoughts?
captcha? I'm not aware of any captchas in Kodi
(2016-10-26, 10:35)Peter D Wrote: When I have to enter a captcha the keyboard is stuck on caps and does not seem to allow me to change to lower case with the double up arrow button.
Therefore cannot enter the captcha if there are any small case.
Any thoughts?

If your keyboard interface in Kodi is having an issue post a debug log so members can take a look.

As stated above by Team Kodi, captcha is not a Kodi function. Most third party apps that use captcha are on the banned addon list. Please read up on the forum rules and piracy policy, links in my sig below. Bottom line, Kodi is a media player made to play back your locally stored media files, Kodi does not provide content. You won't receive support on these forums if you are using Kodi to run third party addons that give you access to media/content that you would normally have to pay for.
Hi
It may not necessarily be just captchas it is anything that requires entry into the TV on screen keyboard. I can't seem to change it from caps on to caps off?
(2016-10-27, 18:54)Peter D Wrote: Hi
It may not necessarily be just captchas it is anything that requires entry into the TV on screen keyboard. I can't seem to change it from caps on to caps off?

Ok, so provide some more details. What version of Kodi, what's your hardware setup? What is prompting you for the captcha? Does your on screen keyboard look like the one pictured below? If you are not seeing similar keyboard on screen, then its not Kodi's keyboard.

Hi
I believe I am on Kodi 16 (but not 100% sure as someone else did it for me). I'm not a techy person.
It is on a JVC TV through a HDMi cable.
I use the keyboard for searches (which are okaty on caps lock but also when I am trying to watch a football match it asks for a shown captcha to be entered.
The key board is as above except for the shift and caps lock buttons. Mine has a single up arrow for the shift and a single up arrow with two lines underneath for the caps lock. Both have the light option. When I click on them the light comes on but nothing happens to the keys. They remain showing caps on.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Peter
When the light is on, everything will be caps.
(2016-10-28, 08:07)Peter D Wrote: Hi
I believe I am on Kodi 16 (but not 100% sure as someone else did it for me). I'm not a techy person.
It is on a JVC TV through a HDMi cable.
I use the keyboard for searches (which are okaty on caps lock but also when I am trying to watch a football match it asks for a shown captcha to be entered.
The key board is as above except for the shift and caps lock buttons. Mine has a single up arrow for the shift and a single up arrow with two lines underneath for the caps lock. Both have the light option. When I click on them the light comes on but nothing happens to the keys. They remain showing caps on.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Peter

Sounds like its an issue from wherever you are trying to get the content from. Does not sound like a Kodi problem at all. Ask the person who set up your system. Maybe they can provide you with some support. I would recommend a clean install on your hardware with the latest official release of Kodi from this website.
Thread moved to OS independent support section

Please provide a debug log (wiki) uploaded to PasteBin or some similar public site then proper support can be reviewed.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Captcha Keyboard on TV screen0