v17 Beta 4 won't install skin add-on from local zip
Attempting to install a skin from local zip file into Kodi beta 4 running in portable mode on windows 7 x64. Install fails. Nightly 1022 is the last master build that will install this zip file. Trac ticket http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17014 opened on this. See ticket for debug log. This is the error entry:

Code:
ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating E:\Media\Kodi 17 B4\portable_data\temp\61f7e13d-5748-45f0-8bb8-26d377114575\720p

I then installed my repo from local zip, and tried to install the skin add-on via my repo but that also failed with the same error of being unable to create the 720p subfolder. Debug log from this attempt is here: http://pastebin.com/Y5VrjpzE

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Dub question: Have you checked the setting to allow installation for SW from "unknown sources" ?? That "feature" was added to V17.
I have the same issue. Unknown sources is enabled.
You can create a folder 'temp' inside the userdata folder restart Kodi and the update and install should work. This is a known issue but can be solved by creating the temp folder.
At least with beta 5, creating the temp folder does allow updates/installs of add-ons. I don't think the issue is really "solved" yet though.

scott s.
There's a pull request made with a fix, which should go into the next beta and nightlies once it's merged.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I tested it in a one-off windows build and it seems to solve all the install issues.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Beta 4 won't install skin add-on from local zip0