Android USB/SD write problems Android 6-Kodi
Has anyone found a simple solution to be able to download and write to a USB or SD mem card in Kodi when the TV Box is using Android Marshamallow 6?
Although the device (mem card) is formatted as a portable it is only within a file manager that it can be written to within Marshmallow.

Within Kodi Android 6 appears only to see the device as read only. I know others have had this problem but I have not seen any simple solution todate.

It possibly has someting to do with pointing the mem card from Kodi to Android's OS but as a non techie a simple guide would be helpful.

With Kodi 17 now based on Android 5 and above this problem seen with Android 6, I believe does need to be resolved. Thanks in advance and sorry if this subject has already been addressed.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=291617

Is this simple enough?
Straight forward it appears but the files ishown in the link do not appear to be written by Android 6 to the USB or SD when formating as a portable. I also note that within file manager the USB (for example) is seen as a Toshiba but in Kodi seen as s731-853. I will have another look but thank you for your advice and link. Android 5 is not a problem as this can be easily rooted and edited it is Android 6 that is causing me some frustration
Thank you Promark. I made a folder within the location and yes it writes to it. Really helpful and appreciated pity this has to be done for each device but at least it has overcome the problem. Again many thanks for the link

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB/SD write problems Android 6-Kodi0