Unable to skip forward in LiveTV
I started a thread in the Pi3 part of the forum, but they suggested that this is a addon problem.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=294865

Is it possible for someone to take a look at this? Not being able to skip in paused LiveTV is kind of a big problem. Not being able to skip past commercials or boring parts.
I can see what you're getting at. I've just tried to pause live TV using mythbackend 0.27.6 / Millhouse #1029 build. Works fine. Restart playback works fine. Now try skipping about within 'live' tv. You just don't end up where you would expect to.

E.g:
Pause. Indicator at top of screen shows 'Seeking' and 02:06:38 - 04:00:00
Select left arrow (jump back 10 sec) Indicator changes to 02:06:28 - 04:00:00 then is immediately upddated to 02:06:58.
Something is definately broken here.

As an interim workarround, I suggest setting the programme you have paused to record (you can do this by pressing 'select, then picking the record button while paused). Then go back and watch it via the 'recordings' screen. That at least works.

I think mythtv and live tv within kodi needs a little more TLC. Part of the problem may be that the main developer concentrating on live tv changes (fernetmenta) works using a different backend, so mythtv doesn't always get the necessary love and attention when he tweaks things.

This could always be a 'bug' in kodi's PVR functionalty rather than the pvr.mythtv client, but it needs deeper investigation to find out. I share your frustration that the interface is 'nearly but not quite there'. Unfortunately this is the 80-20 stage. Fixing the the last 20% of the bugs will take 80% of the effort. Please join in if you have time to develop the necessary coding skills!
I could always go back to MythTV frontend, but I'm getting used to Kodi and having all the things in one place. I also know that LiveTV haven't been a part of Kodi for such a long time, so maybe it needs a few versions before it gets really good like the rest of Kodi.

I can only hope that it is a bug within the PVR part of Kodi so more people have the same problem. Then it maybe get higher on the priority list. Otherwise I'll have to wait. The only things I can do is test things and supply debug logs. I wish I was a developer and could help with the code. But Kodi is so big that I wouldn't even know where to start, besides needing to learn C++.
(2016-10-30, 14:25)metaron Wrote: As an interim workarround, I suggest setting the programme you have paused to record (you can do this by pressing 'select, then picking the record button while paused). Then go back and watch it via the 'recordings' screen. That at least works.

This would work as a workaround. But I have one little problem. I have no need to see a message about every normal schedule start/stop that pvr.mythtv shows, so I have disabled those messages.

But I would like to get a message when I press Record on a LiveTV show, so I know that the recording have started. Is there some way to get that without having to enable all messages?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to skip forward in LiveTV0